1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Why not to use cheap 304 stainless

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by domn8rx, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Cobradaddy

Thanks for the help. Also got a topic going on it the exhaust sound post same section, if any can help.

2. turbofreek

he makes the kits though i believe just doesnt stock them.

3. 10secgoal

Yeah. Saw 95, thought SN95, thought mod motor. Hence the MMR. :doh: I know he makes kits for those though.

4. Cobradaddy

Isnt the sn95 the frame style from 94-04 and 05+ is like s195 or something like that?

5. turbofreek

sn95 is 94-98 or to 04, but i cant remember.

6. TT_05_Stang

94 - 98 sn95
    99 - 04 newedge

7. MONTEGOD7SS

Yes, SN95 is '94-'04 and S197 is '05+. The '94s and '95s are the bastards of the SN95s and don't seem nearly as supported by the aftermarket as the mod motor years.

8. turbofreek

thats correct i couldnt remember the newedge part, but i knew it was something ddifferent

9. bumblebee

???

Same engine as the fox body, same suspension like the 99-04 models...

Not supported ... :stupid:

10. MONTEGOD7SS

Yes, as far as that goes they are, but this is a turbo site and aftermarket forced induction kits aren't as plentiful. You had a new body style with an engine combo for only two years, and no matter how popular the fox body 5.0s where, the SN95 5.0s aren't as common. If you were an aftermarket company would you support a 2yr run of cars as well as a 25yr (?) fox body or a 9yr SN95 mod motor? This is the truth whether you like it or not.

11. Cobradaddy

I think he prob ment compared to what is out for the outer years 93 back and 96-04. 94-95 does have a small aftermarket, remember it only had 2 years with that motor in that body style so what would fit for example an exhaust, the pipes could fit the frame from 94-98 had to be different when going up to connect to the motor. Another example is Slp has a cat-back to fit 94-97 mustangs but only has a h-pipe for 96 and up.

12. Cobradaddy

Yup beat me to it ha ha

13. bumblebee

Well you are right sortoff..
    Procharger, vortec, kennebell, b&g, HP, PTK only to name few makes kit for the 94-95 mustangs...

Enough about this...

I have B&G hotside on my 95 GT :)

14. furchaser

NO shit ,, in Sweden ...... Hey Brian get your ass in here.....

15. Cobradaddy

I think its more about parts instead of power adders, but since you started, wheres the Hellion turbo kit?

16. bumblebee

What parts are you talking about?
    Hellion doesn't make any kit for the 94-95 mustang, yet...

17. Cobradaddy

Just parts in general, Hellion has kits for every other mustang but the 94-95 are sooooo different that they cant figure out how to make it work, please! Only two years with that combo, thus making our point, little aftermarket support.

18. MONTEGOD7SS

Looks like is stirred up a shit storm, lol.

Sorta the same thing it seems for B-head (?) DOHC mod motors I think. Something about the '96-'98 being different than '99+ and nobody making a good intake for them. Sometimes I really wonder if Ford regrets going OHC after GM has had so much luck with their old tech push rod motors, but feeling that there's no way they can go back to push rod now. Sure are a bunch of LS powered Mustangs and Fairmonts being built, but haven't seen any mod motor Camaros/Firebirds/Vettes. :hmm:

19. 10secgoal

Eh, I think it's more that you can find a strong motor in the junkyard for 600 bucks more than a design they wanted. I wouldn't mind throwing a 5.3 in something small. Don't wanna know what I've been thinking. Short wheel based convertible ? :devil:

20. Cobradaddy

Mod motors are big bucks.