1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Why not to use cheap 304 stainless

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by domn8rx, Jan 10, 2009.

1. jtcstrat

[​IMG]#ad

what do u guys think?

2. domn8rx

The problem is that it's the cheap ass thin pipe not so much the welds. Most of my cracks start on clean pipe and cross over the weld.

john

3. furchaser

^^^ Is falling on deaf ears. ^^^ :doh:

4. domn8rx

over and over and over and over...

5. jtcstrat

my bad for asking a simple question..

6. gotageta5oh

The cheap pipe will be the problem. The cracks will start in the pipe.

7. PUNSHR

That fuckin sucks! Treadstone sells the exact manifolds and piping for their kit(which is the kit I have now). I don't have alot of time on it as of right now but I am in the process of doing a C4 install and wondering if I should go ahead and pull the engine and start checking mine out. I have all of my hot side wrapped pretty good which should help heat cycling but will shield any problems that may be arising, I alos had cut my cross-over from the start and added a small piece of tubing because it was in a bind when I went to install it. :doh:

8. domn8rx

I would pull the the stuff off the pipes so ypu can see and hear when it cracks. The wrap will cause them to crack faster.(hotter)

john

9. PUNSHR

This really put a knife in my side. Thinking of pulling the engine to do a good thurough inspection. I have a leaking exhaust manifold gasket on the passenger side as it is and its almost impossible to change them in the engine bay. This sucks!!!!!!!!!! :bang:

10. Cobradaddy

Dont know alot about the series of steel, but what about 300 series stainless steel? If that sucks who makes a kit that has pipes that wont crack? B&G'S?

11. 10secgoal

What kind of car ?

12. Cobradaddy

13. 10secgoal

Don't think Brian does headers for those. But pretty sure MMR does

14. Cobradaddy

He has only 2 kits 79-93 and 94-95 just wondered if they were the good steel. My first choice was HP Performance But everybody on this site said their CS was crap and took forever to get their kits, so thats not even an option. Thanks for that.

15. 10secgoal

Right. Pretty sure Brian doesn't have kits for that car. He uses a good mild. But I'm pretty sure MMR makes a kit for you is what I mean

16. Cobradaddy

Sorry I dont know what you mean, I have a 95 mustang and he sells a 94-95 stage 1 kit, unless you mean he doesnt have one for the cobra.

17. Cobradaddy

MMR turbos are for modular motors, unless you go custom.

18. 10secgoal

In too big of a rush. Sorry. B&G makes one for you.

19. Cobradaddy

And those pipes wont crack? Thanks

20. TT_05_Stang

His comes with a warranty... an unbelievably good one to boot

but to answer your question... he gives you a warranty because they dont come back... period... Brian's work will not crack.