1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Why not to use cheap 304 stainless

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by domn8rx, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Bankbook

"There is never time or money to do it right the first time but it is always therre to do it a second time."

Some smart ass told me that once.

2. 95turbomustang

I had a simuilar crack in mine on a BG CUSTOM TURBO kit, but it was 110% my fault. my tune during normal driving was raising my egt's to the point that something had to give, and right where that cracked is a weak piont. funny thing is that flex pipe is put in there so it has a place to give, I can't understand why it was cut. anywho thanks for sharing your experience, and hope your next kit is bad to the bone!!!!!!

3. domn8rx

What do you want to know ?, it was not the tune on our car, just cheap, thin junk. I cut the crossover pipe cause it didn't line up and the flex didn't make up the difference. I had the band clamp on it so it would let the pipe move a little. Nothing worked. I did build my own kit and worked great, no flex...solid mount turbo on the frame and solid engine mounts, no cracks

john

4. Georgie

where can i buy 321 pipeing and flanges...ive mocked up my engin and transmission to start fabbing...want to know where to buy the good stuff 8)

thanks forum

5. MoToRhEaD GT

Did the kit make pretty good power in between re-welds?

6. 91 Turbo Sedan

TTT for the Toldya so turbo kit A shame someone put the time into making something that will just fall apart

7. 10secgoal

:doh: Can lead a horse to water.....

8. MoToRhEaD GT

...and what's that reply all about. Can't ask a simple question?

9. MONTEGOD7SS

You really have to ask? This whole thread has been about shit turbo kits and their bad welds that crack all the time, and all it seems that all you got out of it was a curiosity about the power they make. That is most likely all 10secgoal was meaning.

10. MoToRhEaD GT

Really? Thanks buddy! I know what the thread was about, the pictures and such are clear, no need to ask questions about that. If I asked a redundant question I could see where there would be room for a snotty remark. Asking about whether it made decent power or not isn't a reason.

I have seen some crappy quality ebay kits put out some decent power for the 10 minutes they held together. :D

11. MONTEGOD7SS

Ok, it made 1 million hp, then he ran over the turbo after the header cracked and it fell off.

12. MoToRhEaD GT

13. Mike SVOR

lol

They mean: We've seen turbo kits made out of straight pipe with 90 degree welded bends that made power. What really matters is the reliability of the kit you are paying for. So when someone asks how much power was made from a turbo kit made of wax, it really doesn't matter; does it?

14. MONTEGOD7SS

You got a line on a wax turbo kit? Man, I've been looking for one of those foreeeeeeeever. :)

15. MoToRhEaD GT

LOL, I totally agree on the quality. I appreciate this site, because it steered me clear of the Treadstone kit I had once considered purchasing.

16. domn8rx

This is too funny... Yes it made great power, 577rwhp on a 140k shortblock but what's the point. At the time it was my wifes only car, i got tired of telling her it was broke again.

All she wanted with the car was to make 500rwhp with a/c and drive it everyday :stupid: and a cheap kit will not do both !! (for very long)

john

17. KingKongKobra

LOL...Im sorry to laugh but thats hysterical...I feel bad for him that he never reserched it and had to find out the hard way. I myself and kinda new to the turbo world. I owned a HP kit about 2 yrs ago and as it was half way installed on the car. I sold the car and kit. I recently purchased a new kit and b4 I did this I ask alot of questions about the companies kit I was lookin to buy. Idk if its my computer or he has taken this pics down but all I see is little red X's.

18. domn8rx

No, the wife had problems with the our website, the pics will be up soon.

john

19. domn8rx

Pics back up :D

20. jtcstrat

so you guys think mine will crack all over the place? I am rebuilding parts of it, including the headers, waste gate location. should i have my welder go over the original welds?

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad