1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Why not to use cheap 304 stainless

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by domn8rx, Jan 10, 2009.

1. dragvw2180

My mild steel turbo headers are more than 10 years old and they are wrapped .

2. popsthe

Hate to beat a dead horse, but was reading some of this thread and kinda got worried.
    I very well may drive my vehicle daily, but I may not either. I'm really not sure. But I am sure that I want a reliable setup that is going to last as long as possible. I bought some turbo headers off eBay months ago....and they are 304 stainless. They look like a quality product and the tubes seem relatively thick but I'm by far no expert. They also didn't come with any turbo flange or waste gate port. Where can I find weldable fittings for this app please? Screenshot_20190812-122026.png #ad

3. B E N