1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Why gas cost so much

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by stangman9897, Feb 24, 2010.

1. stangman9897

Another nice piece of metal came in today. It's called a branch tee, it was machined out of one solid piece of P22 billet. It only cost 52,000 dollars. :doh:

It was machined in Italy.

IMG_0634.JPG #ad

IMG_0635.JPG #ad

IMG_0636.JPG #ad

IMG_0637.JPG #ad

IMG_0638.JPG #ad

2. RI85GT

What material is that ?

:eek:

It's pretty :bow:

EDIT: I googled it..... "Alloy Steel :p9, P11, P22, P91"

3. Scott02GT

Holy shit dude, I thought the nozzle was cool, that is just amazing. How big is it? you should put a coke can near it to give it real proportion. The real question is, how big and expensive is the mill that is used to machine it I wonder... Have you ever seen the machine they use to cut it? It has to be gigantic if I am seeing the size correctly..

4. stangman9897

Google is your friend. lol ;)

5. stangman9897

If your standing next to it i would say about the size of a 55gal drum. The opening on the ends is 29" ID and the branch outlet is 27.5" ID and it looks like about a 16" wall. I have seen a picture of the machine that did it and its about half the size of my house. Thats one reason it was made in Italy they are one of the few that has a machine big enough to do it.

6. Cox Abele

Don't fret. I've "milled" out something heavier than that with my pecker. :'(

7. stangman9897

I know i posted it in the AD section remember. :D lol

8. poboyracin

I weld this stuff frequently at Dow Chemical. They use it in the cat cracker. Can't do any down hill welding though. Start at the bottom and weld uphill, then go to the other side and start at the bottom and weld uphill. Only pipeline will let us weld down hill around here. Down hill any where else will get your job and possibly black balled out the surrounding plants.

9. stangman9897

Scott heres your size reference, only had a coke bottle.

IMG_0655.JPG #ad

10. stangman9897

JFWY. lol heres a DP can that was my tiny coke. :D

IMG_0654.JPG #ad

IMG_0656.JPG #ad

11. bgjohnson

Haha, I saw the first pic and was like, that is a huge pipe!

I saw the DP can next to it too. Tricky tricky.

I bet you give some messicans a torch, files and chisels. They will make you the same piece for $100.

12. Scott02GT

Haha nice dude, the coke bottle pic was like :eek:

13. stangman9897

No becuase the piece of stock they started from was 21,000 alone, the rest was labor and shipping.

14. stangman9897

Got a six pack of those that i have had for 10 years, there from mexico and i was told that is pure coke syrup and that is how much syrup is in an 8oz coke before they add the water. The kids in mexico drink them.

IMG_0657.JPG #ad

15. Cox Abele

They'll supply the stock for an extra $50.

16. stangman9897

Not to keep shooting you down but that won't work either,there steel is like everything else from there it isn't worth a shit. My brother has a valve company in mexico city and has to ship all the metal for the valves from here, if not nobody will buy the valves becuase of the inferior quality of there metal.

17. oso

Yeah, but they will walk to the street corner, steal a big truck, drive to where you get your shit from, steal some from there for the job and a little extra, then sell it to you after you give them 100 for labor and 50 for parts, and you better goddamn tip them in bud light.

18. Cox Abele

Si Señor. You get it.

cervasa? bueno!

19. stangman9897

C

20. 67turbostang

lol. That's a big piece of metal.