1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Who's got just breathers and who's got a EVAC pump?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by mnm99, Feb 1, 2011.

1. kyle.t91

Yeah I just checked things out and I'm sucking oil up in the breathers. Unhooked it. Now I just got the two breathers. Hope its enough. Running 13#

2. mnm99

What breathers are you guys using? I'm going to give this one a try. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-68788/ It's supposd to seperate the air and oil. I like the idea it could be inspected and cleaned also

3. kyle.t91

The oil never actually made it to the Turbo....or tgr filter. Just the breather and then it was dripping g down on the valve cover. Its a daily driver too

4. wantabe

twin -12 vents in valve covers...all good

5. 86turboGT

scratch that just blew my dipstick out on the dyno :doh:

6. botietr

I put a GZ vacuum pump on mine..no problems anymore.

7. mostdef

Can any of u guys post pics so I can get a better idea of Ur setups? :D

8. blown385

Heres mine . I have the other valve cover capped . The black hose coming off the can goes down behind the parking light below the turbo to keep the fumes from getting through the A/C . Its a Cobra pump and pulls 4" of vac . Mine runs constantly and I have killed one pump in three years . The key is to keep it dry as possible , but is almost impossible . I have the line coming off the breather going up hill to keep it to a minimum but the vapor will still turn to oil when it cools . I might empty the can once a month and get about a 1/2 a shot glass .

catchcan2.jpg #ad

9. craig6.9diesel

Could you run the line off your valve cover to the catch can and then a line to the pump? Seems that it would help keep oil out of the pump? Or would the pump still suck up the oil?

10. one eyed willy

i used to have mine that way.....and would not catch anything at all....guessing the pump was too strong and sucked it right thru the tank.it was a baffled moroso tank.

11. boucher racing

I am running a evac system through both valve cover breathers, the second one is a T-fitting w/ the 3/4" hose going down to my exhaust. I welded a 45deg nipple inline and attached the hose. I was shocked when I got it running how much vacuum the tube had that attached to the valve cover fitting.

[​IMG]#ad

12. Ackbar00

Breathers here myself. Here are some old pics of my setup:

http://www.imagecave.com/members/files.aspx?path=\PCV\

Only real difference now, is I dont run the tuna can anymore lol. I run a hose off of the stock nipple on that valve cover and tie it in back around the PCV valve.

13. goatnipples2002

For u guys using the turbo to suck the air out u are also sucking up oil vapor. Oil vapor is about 70 octane. Now mix that with ur gas and boost how ur motor likes that. I have breathers on each valve cover going to a moroso catch can. I still have oil drain and dipstick problems. I need an electric evac pump.