1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

who the hell knows what size turbo will be on it next.Build.

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by botietr, May 30, 2005.

1. botietr

Re: PT101/106 turbo buildup "it runs once again"

.Dyno day didn't go as planned.

Made the first pull and the motor was breaking up after about 5000 rpms.AFRs were in the high 10s,so getting enough fuel wasn't the problem.
    Seemed like the ignition was the problem.made another pull just to make sure it wasn't just from being cold,from setting up,maybe something had to be cleared up etc. nope same thing. brought the RPMs up to around 4500-4800 and stood on it and the surging started no popping,like it wanted to take off then would come down then back up. anyone else experience this?

I'm about to set this POS on fire..I've got too much time and money in it to be giving me this many problems. Guess im not use to something giving me problems..my last combo ran great from day one. guess i expected this one would too.

2. domn8rx

Sorry to hear, it's always something :bang:

john

3. botietr

at least nothing blew up..lol

4. domn8rx

And it looks bad ass!!

john

5. botietr

Thanks,but looks are the least of my concerns right now..it would look good burnt to the ground right now to me.

6. MUSTLX50

Hey Bruce, how have you been buddy? I hope you are good man, it is always something with these cars man, don't give up. As long as you have your health evrything else is just a passing thing. Give me some more details on what the car is doing and I will ask a couple of my buddies and see if can come up with a solution, take care man.

Rigo

7. botietr

Things are good Rigo, been working a lot. i've got the heads off the car getting some work done to them. it had 3 cylinders leaking from behind the intake valve seats.when i get them back ill go do some more dyno pulls,then some testing since the weather looks like its getting cooler. it was damn hot to go in the summer..guess im a winter time racer..lol
    hope everything is good with you..how's your car doing?

8. MUSTLX50

The car is a work in progress, lol, you know it never stops with these things. I'm happy so far with it, been 135 to the 1/8 on E85 with 18#, pig rich 9.8-10.1 AFR's. Doing some more testing and trying to get some guys together for a private track rental and really let this thing eat. Hope you are well and healthy man, let me know if you need anything, besides money, lol.

Rigo

9. botietr

well..i have the heads backand about to finish up putting it back together. guess i'll wait till after the holidays to go dyno it.

almostdone1.jpg #ad

almostdone.jpg #ad

10. blown385

Looks great . :chacha:

F'ing hollidays ! :bah:

lol

11. MUSTLX50

Hey Bruce, how hav you and the family been? I hope you are in good health buddy and Happy Holidays to you and yours. I went to the track on 11/20 and had a few runs, like always something rears it's head, nothing major though. The launced on 3# of boost and in third wouldn't pull pass 7K rpms, but I'm happy with it. Here you go, enjoy man let me know how it's going.

Rigo

&feature=g-all[/url]

12. botietr

Been good Rigo,,thanks for asking..hope everything is good with you also. your car is hauling .hope mine can make some good passes soon.

13. botietr

got the motor back together and just need the header gaskets (remflex) to start it up.should be here this week.can't wait to hear it fire up again. been 7 months..Grr.rrrr

14. blown385

if you haven't used those gaskets , remember to be very careful with them . They can break easily .

15. botietr

Had them on there last time..worked great. no leaks.,,,the first time i used hi temp silicone.leaked in a few spots.don't need that with a turbo.

16. blown385

Yea , mine were broke in two spots during shipping . They dont bend . :bah:

17. botietr

got the car running again last night..feels good just to hear that roar !!!!!!!!!!! dyno time after the holidays.

18. BlownShovel

Always a cool thing to fire up by years end...gives planty of time to sort through all the other details before spring Congrats

19. nebdrummer

So, now that I'm going to have "frankencarb".... I gotta know, did this thing ever get finished? or put down numbers?

20. botietr

made a few passes.had head problems and didnt know it till i blow a head gasket.only one 800-900 ft pass and let out and went a 9.51.hoping to make some full passes this summer.