1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Which smallblock for turbo app?

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by mshred, May 24, 2009.

1. turbofreek

yup

2. 440mark

I am currently looking into buying a 69 fury sport with a 318.A friend has a killer estimator program.We ran some numbers on the 318 and came up with good number...426 horse and 500+ torque on stock.
    parts.14 pounds of boost.Detination numbers are very low.That is what kills pistons.We estimates the car weighing 4000lbs with my a** in it.12.20 at 112mph.Should be awesome fun on the street.I am new on this site.I will be posting my own when the project gets started.This place is pretty cool

3. turboscamp

watching :) i do have a 318 and t76 sitting in my garage that hope fully will sometime make it into my 73 scamp. good luck with yours. :cheers:

4. mopower209

not sure on the time he ran but heres a 318 pretty much stock on 6 lbs.....

5. millerman340

Any small block will hold up fine, The internals need to follow the same thinking as any other HP biuld. Seeing Ryan's sonic testing of so called "Good" blocks show that it's a crapshoot on block thickness. They are not prone to cracking like the Ford stock block though...