1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What water/meth kits is everyone using?

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by thunderroad, May 19, 2013.

1. ocshaman

I was going to install a coolingmist kit with a front mounted tank, but have been reconsidering one of the 2 HFS-6s in the apartment. I have an HFS4v3 in a box from the group buy, but need a DI vehicle first.

2. 4cyl_lol

you dont need a DI car for the HFS4. It can receive input from both DI and PFI cars.

3. ocshaman

i've got 2 hfs6v1s and a pwi-1. Everything has it's place

4. 70wayfarer

here is the results of my experience with the AEM 30-3000 kit. the first dyno session it worked fine. second time round it faulted for no reason at WOT 17psi. tested the system with air regulator the other day and it would not fault again. maybe if I had of got their Failsafe as in video above? who knows.

what are the alternatives to water/meth if any. is it plausible to have a tune to say 6psi on pump gas for the street and another for the strip and use race gas of some sort. 6psi on the street is an animal for a 410 sbm s475 turbo.

P1010687.jpg #ad

5. 4cyl_lol

You truly do get what you are paying for with any WMI system.

I paid nearly $1k for my Aquamist setup and I will never buy a cheaper system. The system has a lot of built in safety features that will save your engine should it fail. Anything from injector failure to complete system failure and the failsafe engages.