1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Wastegate mounting do over?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Dentman65, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Briansshop

Like was mentioned, the priority into the gate isn't ideal, but you should still be much closer to rated spring boost with the other port closed up.

2. Dentman65

so I got really crafty on my attached photo is that a little more ideal? Also does it make any difference on the length of pipe from the main hotside to the wastegate?

D425D054-75A1-49ED-98A1-4F89FEDB986C.jpeg #ad

3. Mnlx

That angle is much better. Run it and see though, it may be just fine with a working gate.

Dentman65 likes this.
  4. Dentman65

thank you for your help!

5. Mnlx

No problem, post up the results when you get it fixed.

Dentman65 likes this.
  6. Disney Lincoln

I think that gate has water cooling too. So make sure you're not plumbed into a water port. And like said above, all plugs should be plugged in the bottom except where your boost is coming in.

7. Mnlx

I don't believe it has coolant ports like a Tial. From what I saw it has two lower ports, and a single port in the dome.

8. Dentman65

Yes, they have an option for a water cooled gate but it’s not this one.

Disney Lincoln likes this.
  9. Mnlx

Good to know... learned something new.

Dentman65 likes this.
  10. B E N

That gate should have come with 2 vacuum banjos, 2 banjo bolts, 4 sealing washers and one plug. The plug goes into one of the bottom ports, a banjo sandwiched between sealing washers on whichever bottom port you are using for boost reference (should be your turbo nipple) and a banjo on the top (you can also leave it open, but don't plug it). The top vac source stays open to atmosphere unless you are using CO2 assist.

The nipple on the front of the fitech, labelled "A" in the diagram goes to the BOV.

11. Dentman65

Thank you for your help, I found the plug in the box. I guess I forgot about that second threaded hole. I’ll get it plugged and change that reference for the BOV.

12. Dentman65

The nipple on the front of the fitech, labelled "A" in the diagram goes to the BOV.[/QUOTE]

I assumed that the front nipple was ONLY for a roots blower. Good to know.

13. Dentman65

So the nipple in front is where I’ve got my FPR hooked up because it’s a smaller line. Do the larger nipples in the back work also? I want to make sure I’m getting a good reference for the BOV.

14. B E N

I am not sure, their instructions specifically state to use the 3/16 nipple on the back for the FPR and the one on the front as boost reference. I don't know enough about what is going on in the unit to advise you otherwise.

Reference page 9 https://images.carid.com/fitech/items/pdf/30258-2-instruction-manual.pdf

Dentman65 likes this.
  15. Dentman65

Thank you all for your help, put the plug in the other power and it is much better, it spiked at just over 8 lbs but that’s a lot more manageable. Unfortunately still have a water in oil issue so it looks like the head is coming off for inspection.