1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

wanting to select right turbo for 351

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by jt351, Nov 10, 2008.

1. jt351

Well I would like to be more budget friendly, who doesn't, And intercooling is just more pipes, more weight, more places to leak, and as far as fuel goes, I am carbed blowthru, I saw, and witnessed with my own eyes a guy drive to a track a few hours away in a fox coupe, open hood real simple, a 100mm turbo right into a 750 carb on a 393 stroked windsor, idled like a kitten and ran somewhere in the 9's 140-150mph, he even had a trailer hitch that he hooked his parachute to, got done threw the parachute in trunk and hooked trailer up with his other tires on it and drove home. Thats what I want

2. Ackbar00

Nope. It was a completly stock 351 with Edelbrock heads (The base ones) and the Trickflow. With the MP T70 it made 538/599 on 10#'s with only 15 degrees of timing in it. Never really got it to run right as it kept shitting head gaskets, which I solved by putting a MLS gaskets on but then a piston took a shit. I am going to try the same turbo on a 408.

I never did check backpressure on the old setup, but I will on the new one. It wont be untill sometime in March before I get the car to the dyno, but I will post the results when I do.

3. Turbo Drag Radial

what spark plugs are you using Akbar?

4. jt351

How would this turbo work on my combo (351 afr205's, victor jr, carbed) I found just turbo for sale on ebayfor 595$ isn't that a good price for this.
    75mm S400 BW turbo, Can move 98lbs/min, or enough to support 1067HP. Turbo features a 75mm Extended tip compressor wheel with 88mm turbine with a 1.32 A/R high flow exhaust housing, T-6 Flange.

5. blown385

You can buy it new from a sponsor here for less than that . With much better tech support .

6. xr8tt

7. jt351

I guess I did not realize how affordable they are, Do borg warners s400's have a good record for longevity and quality. hell I was looking on B&G site just for the upgrade from the mpt70 to a 76 was something like 825$, why is a mpt76 so much more than a s400 series turbo?? are they better? thanks I'm still learning this turbo lingo.

8. RyanMayo

9. Ackbar00

Autolite 3923's.