1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

v-band help VECCO KIT.... BUYER BEWARE!

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by rawdawg437, Jun 12, 2006.

1. holdmeback

i have the same kit just waiting on a friend to bend some 3" exaust pipe to finish it all up. mine by the way is blow through not EFI. so im not sure on how its gonna be.as far as the v-bands i just grinded a lil off the edges and it worked fine. what spring are you using on the wastegate and does your boost hold steady or does it creep?

2. ProsharpRacing

I have the 9 lb spring in the gate and it holds steady at 9 lbs.......so far

3. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Stealing a design= 550.00 plus labor.

Stealing a design that was obsolite due to stress's caused by the turbo bracket, and on center placement, of which two of the 4 broke during testing. (the other two went to shawn (tfx buddies with vecco)= Priceless

Stealing a design that B&G made his own V-band clamps for it by hand and putting it into production= Priceless

I have some of the clamps left, let them know. 2000.00 Buys them, then they can copy them too.lol

If the clamp can't slide up and down the surface during heat cycles they will just expand and expand and expand the v- until it don't seal, then you'll have to keep installing new ones after you tighten them completly down until the bottom of the v-hits. If they would reasearch this they would understand that. Grind away fellas.

Send them back and do charge backs and I will sell you hotsides for the same price with the full 3.5 downpipes with proof of chargebacks.lol

4. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

The one guy who bought the kit no knowing they stole the design. Send to me and I'll install new v-bands for free you pay shipping. (i'm not a dick)

5. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

They should all boost creep to 9 psi.
    Thats why we recommend the 44 to all the low boosters.

6. holdmeback

Well i didnt know when i puchased the kit that they copied it from you,and im sure when something breaks we will all be calling B&G for new parts, i was thinking of doing that anyways because on the passenger side header the turbo is too close to the front of the car so fitment for a filter is damn near impossible

7. franktf

I don't think most us who purchased these kits knew they were a copy of someone elses design. I think most of use are completely new to the whole turbo thing and just seen what looks like a really good deal on ebay. I personally found this site after purchasing the hot side kit while tring to do some research on other things I would need to complete my set up.

This hot side kit turned out not to be such a great deal with the extra work involved. I did grind the v-band flanges and the standard v-band clamps seem to fit ok, if they give me trouble I will just have to cut them off and put the standard flanges on. On the set I recieved I found that the reccomended waste gate did not line up with the flanges properly which I also had to fix. As holdmeback posted I too found that there is virtually no room for and air filter because the inlet of the turbo is very close to core support, I ended up moving the motor back a little over an inch which allowed me just enough room to put a 90 deg pipe through the apron and mount my filter in the fenderwell. Moving the motor back caused me to have to make a little more clearance in the firewall, but I quess this is all part of a hard lesson learned.

Hopefully they will not crack, but if they do I will just have to fix them at this point.

Most of all hopefully others will see these warnings and not make the same mistake. Everyone needs to do thourogh research to make sure you are really getting a good deal in the end.

8. jayson

did you mean me?? I KNOW your NOT !! Thats why I wanted to be PERFECTLY clear about NOT knowing it was stolen from you! I even PMed you on another board asking you what I should leave for ebay feedback on the rip off headers I bought. (you never answered)

I would GLADLY do a charge back but I paid with pay-pal through my checking acct.. Can I still do it??? I would love nothing more then to be abe to send them back/charge back and "trade" them for a MUCH better setup!!!!!

THANK YOU VERY much for the offer on the v-band flanges "swap" but Im NOT trying to get stuff for free. I admit I am CHEAP (thats what got me in this mess) but I would prefer to pay for the flanges and to have them be welded on...Unless you are SURE you dont want to see any of the clamps????????

9. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Hi Jason,
    Yep I meant you. Yes you can do a chargeback for 6 months. Call me 740-686-2897 I'll be home tonight and around here all week.

10. cougarman

sent you a pm about your kit b&g

11. iGoRa

12. Treadstone

Just a quick note to everyone who has purchased a Treadstone single turbo kit, or is looking to purchase one; we will have the V band clamps available in a couple weeks.
    Thanks

~jason

[Your no where near a vendor here don't post links to your sorry ass site

13. Scott02GT

Maybe you should try having them available when you start selling the kits no? This way it is an actual "kit" and not a "half assed finished product" How about you pay some royalties to B&G for being snake fuck thief assholes? Where is the govenment asshole tax when you need it? You guys never even installed one of these kits to see if they even fit, your nothing more then buzzards waiting for a free piece of cock to stuff in your mouth. You assholes make me sick.

14. flylear45

Hey, Scott. The Treadstone link seems to be broken. :huh:

:angel:

Jim ;)

15. gotageta5oh

+1

Fuck those asswipes

16. SHONUF816

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys get down and dirty with ya'll shit! i know the kit isn't perfect. it has it's flaws and your right, that's what we get for being cheap but, i don't mind getting my hands a little dirty to modify things soooooooooo? in so many words " CAN YOU HOOK US UP ON THEM DAMN V BANDS ?" FOR FREE? WE DID PAY HONESTLY! THAT WOULD BE THE RIGHT THING TO DO! P.S. i have some breezeclamps too but they did not seem to work well either. just letting you guys know.

17. franktf

I just got rid of my Vecco hot side kit because I found out they do crack from someone local to me. In fact they cracked 3 pass side headers all in the same place, just below the turbo flange and all 3 in just under a year. So I said F#!k that and got rid of that crap..... :bah:

I am going to build my own hot side now using the typical BBK shorties. Atleast this way if I have a problem with them it's my own damn fault..... :eek:

18. Dunn1

Well, I puchased the kit and now im scared shitless, lol. I have yet to hook up the crossover pipe, but i ordered the Vband clamp kits from Forced Inductions, so we will see how ugly this might get, as well as when i mount the T70 up. :bang:

Maybe it wont be too bad, but not TOO positive right now. :(

19. LT1-TA

Any of you guys heard of a belt sander?? lol... easy enough... adapt and overcome.

20. MustangMike

I have the stainless hot side E-Bay knock off of the Vecchio knock off, knocked off from B&G. I ordered the standard 3" ebay clamps (14$ ea) and ground the flanges with the flat side of a 4 1/2" grinder. Took 1 whole day, and I cut my knuckle to the bone just as I finished. I used a liberal amount of ultra copper while installing them, and have no leaks so far after a few heat cycles. I will keep yall posted on any cracks or leaks. They are wrapped with heat wrap to speedup the cracking.... :D

bridal-shoal