1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Twin Turbo Gen1 Lightning Build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by turbodgumby, May 13, 2010.

1. Gen1SVE

Looks great!!! Coming together. Dont worry about you power steering fluid resivor. I only have about 1/2" clearance on my PS filler neck. Drove it in 90 degree heat for an hour with no problems I can touch the resivor after driving. Now when I loose the Idle air control motor whyle pulling into a parking lot, engine stalls and I am cranking on the steering wheel to the right. Squirts power steering right on the hot pipe going into the turbine housing, immediate white smoke billowing out the hood but no fire. I always carry extinguisher in all my cars, after I lost an injector o-ring spraying fuel all over my dist. I stopped because I smelled fuel popped the hood and have never been so scared watching fuel shower the dist cap on a running engine.

2. 5.0calypso93lx

Where did you get the intercooler?