1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Twin Turbo Build up of Mike and Brian Brown's S/O / Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Brian Brown, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Brian Brown

Thanks.

Brian

2. Brian Brown

Here are some more pics from the weekend.

The front-end turbo mount is welded and tacked currently, but I ordered some parts for Randy today, so that it will be removable. This front-end mount should even stiffen the front part of the chassis up even more.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

3. MUSTANG B

Man...Thats lookin Good! :2thumbs:

4. linkmustang

bad ass man

5. Brian Brown

Thanks guys. It's coming along. We ordered the bruno yesterday. It should be here in about three weeks. The liberty should be ready any day now.

Brian

6. Brian Brown

I have the tach and all the gauges that we used in this car the past two years for sale. Also, have some 26-inch M/T front runners for sale.

Here's the info. on the tach and gauges.

5-inch 9,000rpm Ultra-Light Ultimate Playback Tach (Jegs part # 105-6874)

The follwing are 2 5/8ths Ultra-Light Electrical Gauges
    Water Temp 100 to 250 degrees (Jegs part # 105-4437)
    Trans Temp 100-250 degrees (Jegs part # 105-4457)
    Fuel Pressure 0-100 (Jegs part # 105-4463)

One Ultra-light 2 5/8ths Mechanical Gauge with Gauge pod
    Boost 30 in Hg/30psi (Jegs part # 105-4403)
    2 5/8ths ultra lite mechanical Oil press 0-100 gauge

All of these gauges are like new. I have all the sending units, and I use a fuel pressure isolator for the sending unit for the fuel pressure gauge. This allows you to mount the fuel pressure gauge on the inside of the car. It alone was almost $100. I have right at $1,000 in this total setup. They are packaged and ready to go as a complete setup. The first $600 plus shipping gets them. This is priced to sell.

Also have extra control panel for the play back tach, which I will include.

Contact Brian at 601-218-3848 or by e-mail at
    This content is protected

7. Brian Brown

8. truestreet5.8

Okay, help a dummy out here. I know, or at least I think I know the liberty is a 4 speed none clutch manual (sorta like a pro-stock car) but what is the bruno? Is it the clutch or am I way off? lol

9. Brian Brown

The bruno is what takes the place of the clutch, so that we can still run a converter. A lot of the outlaw 10.5 guys run bruno/lencos, which is a bruno in front of a lenco, so that they can still run a converter. You can check out more infor about the bruno at www.brunosautomotive.com.

Brian

10. RussZTT

Brian,
    Looking very good bro! :2thumbs:

11. Brian Brown

Thanks man.

12. truestreet5.8

Wow, that looks like a trick piece! Best of both worlds as they put it for sure. So are you going to run the same converter you had set up with the glide since it seemed to be working so well?

Very nice build up BTW. :2thumbs:

13. Brian Brown

Thanks man. We acutally have to have the converter modified, since we will be running a bigger input shaft in the bruno for durability purposes. Bruno felt that with our combination that we needed to run their 1.25-inch input shaft instead of the smaller turbo 400 style shaft.

14. Brian Brown

Here are the latest pics. Headers are next. The front-end turbo mount is now removable.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

15. Brian Brown

Mike and I made a trip up to Arkansas to check out the car last night, and to take a few things up there for Randy. I forgot my camera, so I didn't get to take any pics. Randy had all but one header tube done on the driver's side, and man all I can say is "WOW." Those are some of the nicest headers that I have EVER seen! The headers are top notch, and he made them very easy to work around so that they are not in the way at ALL in regards to changing and checking the sparkplugs. All I've got to say is that when I do get some pics up of the headers, and you don't take your cars to have your headers built at Fast Forward Motorsports (www.fastforwardmotorsports.net), then it is your on fault. Even the pics that are already posted; they do no justice as to what the setup actually looks like. I have no complaints at all, and they will now have a repeat customer. When I say that I have no complaints, and my dad and Mike can vouch for this, then the job was done pretty darn good! It is very hard to please me, but Randy has done that. :2thumbs: The good thing is that Randy is a racer and he is very ticky, so that is one good thing when he is working on your car, so I give two :2thumbs: for Randy and Tom at Fast Forward Motorsports. I'll get some more pics up as soon as I can.

Brian

16. Brian Brown

Driver Side header pics. This header looks good! REAL GOOD! lol

17. MUSTANG B

Man..Those headers are real nice! I like the low mount! :2thumbs:

18. Brian Brown

More pics.

]

19. Brian Brown

Thanks MB. Randy has done a good job. No doubt about it. I'm pleased.

20. 747

Man car looks bada$$ :2thumbs:
    :chacha: Let me me know if you need test pilot. j/j :chacha:
    Can't wait for this year to start rolling around! Goodluck buddy!
    Eric Stubbs