1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Twin Turbo Buick Skylark 2

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Twin Turbo Skylark, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Twin Turbo Skylark

I am super excited! I buttoned it up, added new oil and coolant, started it, warmed it up, drained the oil (to get the contaminated oil out), re-filled oil, and warmed it up again, and all is well! NO leaks, head gaskets seam to be holding fine... Shot a quick video, it sounds great but I do not want to rev it up over 3000 as I try not to piss off the neighbours.

&feature=youtu.be[/url]

2. BlownShovel

Alright - right back in action - well played

3. flyinhillbilly

^^^what he said^^^

4. Twin Turbo Skylark

I remember reading on here about a guy who used a 4x4 4L80e without switching to a 2 wd tail, but now I cannot find it.

Anyone else remember reading about that?

I would like to get an overdrive trans in this car one day.

I took it for a quick drive yesterday and its running great! Ready for dyno day

5. 70GTO

6. Twin Turbo Skylark

Thanks yes Jake is a very good place to get a strong trans....

7. dodgestrike

Really cool buick man, it's also nice to have so many spare and built engines on storage !

8. dodgestrike

https://www.theturboforums.com/threads/371540-Gold-Dust-97-GT-4v-88mm , this guy used a 4x4 th400 maybe it's the one you're talking about?

9. Streetshenanigans

We had a 4x4 4l80e changed to a 2wd. They said all they had to change (major stuff) was the tailshaft and output shaft

10. Twin Turbo Skylark

Thanks man yes that was the post I was looking for...was a th400 but same idea as the 4l80e...

Still might as well just use a 2wd core but I was looking for hours for that post. Thanks!

11. dodgestrike

No problem, do you still need an OD with that big tire ?

12. Twin Turbo Skylark

Well right now with the 4.56 gear I could use the OD but I am planning to swap to a 3.73 or 4.11 gear in so no I likely will not need the OD then. Tires are 33" tall.

13. Twin Turbo Skylark

I thought it might be fun to have people guess what the rear wheel HP and TQ will be with my combo and see who is the closest... Dyno runs on tues coming up.

Buick 350
    355 Inches
    3.830 bore
    3.800 stroke
    stock short block
    ARP studs
    Home ported heads with stock valve sizes, no flow numbers
    mild street cam is 225 intake and 230 exhaust, .500 lift
    20-22 PSI of boost
    Snow water/meth injection
    23 degrees of timing locked out
    CSU carb for the combo
    T3/T4 Turbos
    Dual 3" exhaust
    TH350 trans
    3800 stall
    4.56 gear
    32x18.5 tire

14. flyinhillbilly

Just keep your foot out of it on the way to the dyno, lol.

I'll guess 680 if the short block lives

15. turbomalibuwagon

I'll guess . Ummmmmm 496 wheel hp .

16. ivanhoew

500 whp

17. Hemann

625 RWHP

18. jnhj

677 RWHP

19. Bacon

656 WHP

20. Twin Turbo Skylark

Well I didn't listen to your advice... Had a new corvette beside me at the lights and we both floored it.

I won but a header gasket lost! This is a Remflex gasket, forgot to fully tighten one of the bolts and the exhaust blew the gasket out from the inside.... Made a big racket but drove home fine.

I folded it in half for the trash can so thats why its bent but have a look at the LACK of header crush on the gasket at the blown part...

With the new gasket (remflex) i slightly enlarged the holes to center the gasket better on that port.

[​IMG]#ad

New gasket is in, torquing ALL the bolts tmrw and then straight to the dyno.

No fluid leaks, no engine issues, boost is hitting 20 psi....tires are getting a workout!