1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Twin F1C Geardrive Camaro AKA Crank 2

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Procharmo, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Tanus

wow I love this forum, everytime I think Ive seen the most over-the-top build someone comes and outdoes the last. good luck! cant wait to see the finished product

ps your link to this wasnt working, but this one should------>

2. rwon

I have to say although I LOVE the build I'm not a fan of all those damn switches on the dash, but to each his own :2thumbs:. Clean ass set up on the relay box keep up the good work.

3. Novi357

I know who you are talking about, that was my friend's car. It happened at Barona. When I lived in San Diego, people used to think we were the same person all of the time.

Build looks great!!

4. Procharmo

Novi357, your build and goals are similar to mine. You know where I'm coming from. Build a 10.5 Outlaw, car take out the cage, bars and chutes but retain the radials, locker and put it on the street. Then have a blast with the kind of power that would cost over $1.5 million to achieve with an OEM car. (Veyron, SSC Areo)....

5. Procharmo

rwon Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately the only other option regarding the switches would be to have had a small box on a flying lead that I could pull out when needed. The most desirable option would be to have had MSD and AMS make apps for the Ipad which is now being installed in road cars and will be in race cars in the very hear future!!!
    CFLtQ6dBPjE[/media]&feature=related]&feature=related

6. Procharmo

Stripped the carb, intake pipe headers and gear drive ready for installation.

Got everything ready to drop it in. Just waiting for some help aligning the block to the trans and some moral support. I still don't know how three small welds on the intake bracket can hold 250kgs. They say 1/2" of weld can hold 1 tone of weight!!!!!!!

7. dave281sc

Looking good!

Who makes those blower couplers you are using?

8. Procharmo

They are part of the Supercharger Store Twin Gear drive kit....

9. Procharmo

We got the engine in at last.....it's a bit late now so I'll hit the wiring tomorrow....

10. Procharmo

Now the Block is in place all the estimation of clearances can be realised.....The pitman steering arm clears the gear drive cradle by by around three inches at full lock.

The large Hotchkis anti roll bar clears the under side of the cradle by 1"..Phew!!!!

Thanks to this electronic mock up I sent Terry at the Supercharger Store!!!!

The blowers kissed the radiator support but I was able to save the majority of the structural strength with some judicious cutting. So far I'm impressed with the minimal structural modification these twins have bestowed on a stock chassis Camaro.

11. Procharmo

The width of the gear drive allows partial direct air flow to both the radiators.

There is still has room for a third above the blowers.....

Back breaking lifting of the gear drive in and out of the engine bay was the only way to perform the next stage of this build..
    The alternator was positioned to run of the forward facing pulley. A low mount Chevy SBC bracket was modified to sit on the engine side of the gear drive using one of the existing bolt holes that attach the supercharger side...

The power steering (GM type 2) was attached in a similar manner using a low mount bracket facing the engine, using an existing bolt along with spacers and
    a new hole drilled and tapped to firmly secure it.

Being completely different to the single gear drives the main thing is to get the center of the drive pulley, the supercharger coupler and the accessory pulley in a straight line to avoid the belts fouling the gear drive struts.

12. -Freak-

Amazing build.

13. Procharmo

Thanks Freak, this is the first time I have pulled and installed a motor on any car and It's taking longer than I thought it would. Today I had to re clock the mini staterter as it was fouling one of the headers.... The hooker competition 1 7/8" headers seem to sit higher on the AFR 235's than the AFR 195 comps which caused a major headache getting them in... But they are in and I'm staring to wire the engine bay.....

After that I'll redirect the fuel pump wring to the relocated battery.

When It all gets done I may switch to a belt drive pump with an electric primer and sell the Areomotive Eliminator as its only rated to 1700 hp on their site but 1200hp on Summit...
    the belt drive is guaranteed to supply enough fuel....

14. Procharmo

More fabrication, hoses, wiring and mocking up!!!!

15. Procharmo

The second waste gate mocked up .....

Looking at the pipe work the hood clearance is going to be tight....

I put the car on the ground for the first time in ages today. I have swapped from a large aluminium radiator to two smaller ones, swapped to an electric water pump, lost the intercooler and relocated the battery. Added the gear drive and a blower. It seems to sit at the same height as before but I still have fluids and a hood to add?

16. Novi357

Looking good! I can only imagine people's reactions the first time you pop the hood on that car! :eek:

Well, ok, I have a pretty good idea of the reactions, but mine is not even within the same planet as what you have done.

17. Procharmo

Thanks Novi357. I guess you have one of the only street gear drive cars that really drive on the street and experience the attention and questions it attracts. Over here people are amazed when a stock V8 is unveiled let alone a Procharged one...

I think when I explain that it is a gear driven set up they will glaze over. If I mention anything over 1000hp they doubt me. Most people only associate that horsepower with the Veryon or souped up Supras.......

18. wetback

Or twin turbo Fox bodies :D...when I get it done maybe just maybe...ill make enough power to not loose your taillights within a quater mile :bang:. If only I had that much money *day dreams* :angel: :cheers:

On a more serious note...THIS CAR IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! mind if I stare at it? if you ever go nuts and decide to give it away make sure to call me. :chacha:

19. Procharmo

Thanks Wetback. But you do know that any boosted notch is a SERIOUS CONTENDER street or strip.....LOL! They are so light and well balanced. Things are slightly more difficult with a 70's car....

It has occurred to me that the twin Procharger set up is a almost exclusively used in a race application so it will be a challenge to see how it performs on the street. Here are all the internet examples of twins I could find..

David Reese Twin F2 600ci Mustang which unfortunately crashed after loosing traction at the top end.
    KLZqukxsSwE[/media]]

Then there's the Clark Bro's "Lil Evil" Twin F2 Procharger BAE Hemi Corvette
    http://www.dragzine.com/news/lil-evil-the-63-corvette-gets-twin-supercharged/

[​IMG]#ad

Brady's Orange Krush Twin F1R Procharged Mustang which now has a Lilltefield root blower due to not having the time to work on the twin technical issues...

Billy Gordon's Twin F2 Mustang..

Mustang Mike Modeste's Record breaking 200mph 6 second Twin F2 Mustang.

Jerry Gunters Twin F2 Procharged 69 Camaro

Mark Werdohausen's Twin F2 Procharged 67 Camaro
    http://www.dragzine.com/news/video-1600-rwhp-dyno-pull-from-a-twin-procharged-camaro/
    kbGCwl8THoY[/media]&feature=player_embedded]&feature=player_embedded

Apart from mine....Let me know if there are any others.......especially if they are not race cars.

20. Procharmo

Charge pipes and aluminium Tial waste gate flanges ready to be sent out for welding.....