1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbomustangs.com ULTIMATE ECU TUNING GUIDE IS DONE.

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Trentk, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Traction Issuez

:withu:

2. mtpturbo

A couple of updates:

FAST is rolling out their "ready-to-run" XFI systems with Manifolds and throttle bodies, fuel systems, etc. They are available as 550hp and 1000hp kits for BB Chevy, SB Chevy and SB Ford. More info is available at:

http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FS&Product_Code=3012350-05&Category_Code=GM

Also, ACCEL has a new budget EFI system similar to the Gen VII, it is called the Thruster EFI and it is best described as a "lightweight" version of the Gen VII. It has a more user friendly version of the Gen VII interface (download sample software at http://www.accel-dfi.com/calmap/calmapdownload.asp?subdir=THRUSTER%20DFI .) There is also a flyer posted at www.mtpturbo.com/thruster.pdf

-Chris

3. monstang

what do i need to put a tune on my car with the stock computer ? mega squirt ? lap top ? thanks, tom.

4. n20blkgt

link not working for me

5. sleepacell

good article... all us newbs should read it...

6. gotboost89gt

7. Matt Cramer

That would depend on whether you want it to stay with the stock computer or not. Most of the items in the guide are replacements for it. The Tweecer and Superchips are for tuning a modified stock computer, and the Anderson PMS is a piggyback device that goes between the ECU and the wiring. The others are aftermarket ECUs tuned with a laptop (or a handheld tuning box in the case of the SDS).

8. bowtieless

for refrence

9. mtpturbo

10. forddragrcr

link no worky for me just black screen w/RED X's says errors on top?

11. forddragrcr

sorry didnt see 2nd page. :bang:

12. FastDriver

The OP link no longer works.

13. jasoncoupe

link didn't work for me...?

14. jester

Yeah not really sure what happened to it either?
    Would be real nice if it came back :2thumbs:

15. FNFAST

16. green95gts

link wont work

17. 93BLKNOTCH

whats up with the link?

18. LowBoostinT76

19. HI85WH1

Warning: include(phptop_new.htm) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/turbo/public_html/techarticles/ECUarticle.php on line 12

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'phptop_new.htm' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/turbo/public_html/techarticles/ECUarticle.php on line 12

20. V8Focus

no workee 4 me,either!