1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbolocity 94-95 Street Kit

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Chris95svt, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Chris95svt

With the 60-1 turbo, your lookin at just under $4000.

- Chris

2. Chris95svt

Re: better how?

Well the welding looks MUCH improved. According to Brad, he hired a new tech who is much better, and it shows. The coating on the pipes looks nice, and it took a month less to ship the kit.

- Chris

3. Snipe656

If it is 100% improved does that mean your kit was just complete ass? Because your review of the first one did not sound like that, but that certainly is a big percentage to improve by.

4. Chris95svt

When I first recieved my kit I was very happy with it, I still am very happy with it, I did not know I was going to have problems with the welds on the headers like I did. Brad rectified the situation every time, so I cannot complain.

I should specify that the welds are 100% improved. Sorry.

5. Snipe656

I just find it amazing people get things and praise the quality of them and then months later they have problems with the welds. Then they get replacements and right off the bat they comment on how much better the welds look to be than the first ones. I guess all things should just take multiple tries to make them right.

6. Chris95svt

Well, not all of us are proffessional welders, and I, by no means could tell you the welds would crack after 6 months. Either way, the problem was rectified with new headers. Anything else you want to ride my ass about?

I think you need to remove the rag outta yer ass.

7. Snipe656

Perhaps people should not praise things they do not know enough to judge. I'd think it would not take an expert to look at a regular header and compare it to something that was 100% worse and see that the weld quality sucked. Truely amazing that something that was 100% worse would even make it out the door to ship to someone.

8. Chris95svt

There is obvious tension with you and Brad, keep me out of it.

I fucking like that kit, I still use it and would recommend it to anybody who asked. There are some faults in the kit, as there is with almost any kit out there. The kit performs well, and I've proven that, anything else is just you being bitter with Brad.

You done being a whiney bitch yet? Santa not get you what you wanted?

9. Snipe656

I just find it interesting so many people praise the quality of something from there and then months later they are showing or talking about how things cracked. I guess getting new headers is all cool and everything but that is not an easy thing to just swap out and I doubt any of those people including yourself got compensated one bit for all that time. I do not really see anyone saying how their kits from any of the other companies have been cracking within months of installation on here. Just shows to me that if something is 100% worse frabicated, it will still go out the door there vs something that is 100% better. Sounds like a heck of a gamble.

10. Alex332

:drama:

play nice

11. Alex332

snipe - i've got a question for ya, seems to me you dont' like very many of the turbo companies, ie PTK, Turbolocity, ITS.....which turbo company do you like (besides cartech)? and why the grudge against these companies

12. Snipe656

Actually I am impartial to Cartech. PTK I just had/have personal issues with someone there and I did not care for the compromises their kits made you take on street cars. ITS I never had an issue with until the pricing skyrocketed, when they were dirt cheap I thought they were a good deal for someone trying to be cheap on their car. I like TTI because their quality of work seems to be consistant as is their customer service, you would be hard pressed to find both(sometimes either of those) in the other companies.

I saw some turbolocity kits being built this weekend and they looked just fine, I saw some being done a year ago and they too looked just fine, but seems there were quite a bit in the middle of those two times that had some big issues. I never saw one of those in the middle that had issues, but if there was a 100% quality increase from those to what I have seen recently then it is truely amazing those things even went out the door to people.

13. 1994snake

Will i have problems with mine?

I have yet to install my kit. But i know that mine was built around the same time as chris'

I would definately be pissed if i have problems after spending a lot of money and then all the time to install it to have problems with any part of the kit. I personally hate hearing how the kit is improved which leads me to believe that my kit is now inferior to those purchased lately. Seems it is like buying a computer and leaving it in the box. 2 weeks later when you take it out and set it up it is almost obsolete already.

14. racin1

yours was made earlier

Rick, yours was built during the first batch (this was Chris' second kit) which were all test fit on cars.

15. 1994snake

So you will guarantee me i will have NO PROBLEMS

16. racin1

No problems with the kit anyway :D

17. Redsnk95

Well Tony is doing a good job of turning me Brad...we're looking at selling my T-trim set-up in favor for a T66 kit from you.

Troy

18. racin1

Sounds great Troy. We got all the stainless in for tony's hot side, just trying to get the engine and such installed as well as the accessory brackets installed so we can start building it.

19. Redsnk95

Yea heard your about done with the cage as well....starting to get closer and closer. Do me a favor and try to get done with it in he warm part of the year so that I don't freeze my butt off when I go up there. :)

Troy

20. racin1

yeah, we have most of the cage done, just have the door bars left to finish yet. We have almost everything here for the car other than the turbo kit and engine management system. He wanted me to build the kit first and once it is finished, he will have us work on the final stuff.

bridal-shoal