1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo oil feed flange

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ben_jones, Sep 9, 2023.

1. ummduh

That last line about the drain was from bbi. Something got screwy with my post. I definitely don't have enough experience to say stuff like that lol.

2. TurboSnake281

I ordered all the appropriate parts and will install them in the next few days.

3. TurboSnake281

Got all the parts but found my turbo oil feed restrictor male threaded side is to big to thread into my turbo… So now I have to somehow get a new male threaded side size restrictor, or a thread size adaptor, or retap the threads on my current restrictor. I really want the oil restrictor so I have to wait longer.

4. TurboSnake281

So the manufacturer of the ceramic ball bearing restrictor does not want to tell me the thread size for some odd reason… so off to home depot to play with their thread finder station and most likely to buy a tap to retap my turbo adaptor in order to install the restrictor and everything else haha, but hey what else is new haha

5. tbird

What turbo is this.
    If its ching chong than they probably dont know so they wont tell you.

6. TurboSnake281

The turbo is a brand new turbonetics ceramic ball bearing, however the restrictor I was last mentioning regarding thread sizing and them not wanting to tell me is from the USA made by a different manufacturer that I won’t mention because I don’t wanna hurt them haha. They did say it’s threaded for a Garrett, which isn’t much help haha.

Turbonetics is playing dead haha, I just hope precision bought turbonetics and not turbonetics buying precision, because then we would all be screwed haha.

7. TurboSnake281

Perfect just found -4AN female to -4AN male restrictor in 0.035 from ATP. My life just got easier! How y’all feeling about the 0.035 vs 0.065 restrictor for a ceramic ball bearing turbo? I’m planning to just get the 0.035 because oil in the hot and cold side bothers me that much, any input from you guys appreciated!

8. underpsi68

9. TurboSnake281

Just installed: ATP female -an to male -an 0.035 oil restrictor fitting, turbonetics auto 40psi oil pressure regulator appropriately placed and connected at turbo with Jegs -an female to -an female 90 degree fitting and Jegs -an female to -an male 90 degree fitting connected to oil feed line. I will provide a further update after deep testing reporting if adding the proper sized valve cover breathers with appropriate cfm flow, adding the turbosmart auto 40psi oil pressure regulator will manage my high pressure oil pump upon high pressure peaks troubling the turbo by over pressurizing it, and me changing from no restrictor to a ATP 0.035 oil restrictor limiting total ability for the ceramic ball bearing turbo center section to become overfilled with to much oil. I feel confident my issue will be resolved!

10. TurboSnake281