1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - New setup 1k+ rwhp on dyno

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by blk93cpe, Jun 9, 2007.

1. forcefed88coupe

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Went to DYNO 5/1/08

Thank you sir :2thumbs:

2. wraith

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Went to DYNO 5/1/08

It had 114 octane fuel on the dyno (better safe than sorry). The crossover pipe is 2.5". The turbo drain sits about two inches above the oil pan tap...just enough ;)

3. turbostang

Dammit, I thought for sure it had the 3" crossover. I was close on the octane though! :D

4. 99TTGT

bad @$$ work man! :2thumbs:

5. wraith

Finally made it's first pass!

Went to the track today for the www.DFWStangs.net Spring Cruise!!! Lets just say it went well beyond expectations :D

First pass down the the track, right off the trailer went a [email protected].! It was very surspiseing to say the least. The funny thing is that I let off about 100ft. before the traps :stupid: (first time out...a little shaky).

I will have BLK93CPE post the three time slips later!

6. Onjacks

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Went to DYNO 5/1/

We Need Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:cheers:

7. wraith

Waiting on Eric to wake up and post them.

8. DaOnE51T

WOW, 5.85 on its first pass!!!!! :eek: I wouldn't be surprised to see mid 5's @ 120+mph out of her.

9. FRANCISCO308

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Went to DYNO 5/1/

x2 car looked good out there :2thumbs:

10. BigTurboNotch

wow, how much boost was it seeing for those runs?

11. blk93cpe

I have the video but no sound - I am going to see if the walmart over in the hood by work has a firewire or a audio cable.

All passes were made on 14-15 pounds of boost leaving on 4 pounds and would still 60ft 1.36-1.38!! :D Manual boost controller still and still only 22 degrees of total timming. Hell the way the car sits with no changes has a 5.7x @120. Never ran it out the back door and still running decent mph (best was around 118) and it was never pulled passed 5800 (going to try and keep it right under 6k). I really think with 20psi and 24-26 total timing with boost controller the car will go 5.5x@124-127.

Clifton did a hell of a time driving for not being behind the wheel in a few years. Hell, I will try and get behind the wheel next time out but I will have to take baby steps - haven't driven a car at the track in 3yrs and it was a high 6 second 1/8th mile car.

BTW - Clifton and I have gone in on anothe project - 1961 falcon 2dr that will be painted copper and I will powdercoat the bumpers graphite and yes it will be turbo'd!!! :D Fun little street car.

12. blk93cpe

I will post the slips in about 30 minutes

13. blk93cpe

IMG]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s303/blk93cpe/Slide1.jpg[/IMG]

14. blk93cpe

First pass off of trailer - Car left decent on 4 pounds then short shift on accident in to second way early, and then let off 100ft early -
    [​IMG]#ad

Second pass - left good, but got out of groove at 330 mark.
    [​IMG]#ad

Third pass - track was getting really hot so left soft and still let out early.

[​IMG]#ad

15. blk93cpe

Didn't have firewire at work so used usb - so no sound on video and really choppy. I will get it download later with video and clean looking.

[​IMG]#ad

16. blk93cpe

Also, line lock was not hooked up so only rolling in burnout.

17. DaOnE51T

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Went to track 5/18/08

Excellent build, Im very impressed with this combo. :2thumbs: I can't imagine the 80mm on that thing.

18. blk93cpe

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Went to track 5/18/08

Thanks - We love the car and how it performed!!

19. BigTurboNotch

what kind of ignition are you using? how much timing are you pulling for every 1 pound of boost?

20. blk93cpe

7531 but we haven't really played with it yet. Right now it when it hits 2psi it puts it at 22total degrees (so it pulls 18 degrees at 2psi) keeping it really safe until we go back to the dyno in the next few weeks.