1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - New setup 1k+ rwhp on dyno

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by blk93cpe, Jun 9, 2007.

1. 92GreenGT

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Went to DYNO 5/1/08

It says it's an 80mm in the parts list on Page 2, unless that changed that's your answer. :2thumbs:

2. BigTurboNotch

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Went to DYNO 5/1/08

video???!!!

3. EXQQSME

sweet numbers

you have any pictures of the car with all the stuff in the bay?

4. blk93cpe

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Went to DYNO 5/1/

S400- 75mm the s480 is the backup turbo for the backup engine - no need to put the bigger turbo on yet

So it is the t6 s400 1.32 housing

5. bowtieless

Bad ass man! looks great! Subscribing!

6. vossperformance

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Going to DYNO 5/1/08

That was a good guess.
    Good numbers...
    should do real good once you get it right.

7. 99TTGT

look's real good!

8. debo

Beautiful work!
    whos V-bands are those? they have a built in centering ring right?
    [​IMG]#ad

9. blk93cpe

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Went to DYNO 5/1/

race part solution - sponsor on this site & they are great to deal with

Yoss great guess

10. DaOnE51T

Thanks for the info :2thumbs:

11. 99TTGT

:scratch:eek:n a turbo car?

12. debo

Thats what thought, thanks!

13. BoostedGT

They are going to switch the gears out to some 3.55's before they head to the track. Nice numbers Eric/Clifton!

-Chris

14. blk93cpe

Car was going to be a nitrous setup but change am- 3.55's going in soon

15. BLK306

Good job guys. I need to get over there and see that thing run first hand some time. :2thumbs:

16. wraith

Here is a video from last week at Simple Quick in Fort Worth...Thanks for the dyno time Daniel!

Click on the pic to view
    [​IMG]#ad

17. BigTurboNotch

that car sounds great, i cannot wait to get my "turbostang" kit installed now :chacha:

18. gory

very nice

19. forcefed88coupe

Wow def not lying in the title, Awesome setup! :2thumbs:

Few questions:
    1. Is the crossover tubing 2.5"?
    2. Does the turbo sit high enough to not need a scavenge pump?
    3. Is it a good idea to go ahead and run a 60mm gate oppossed to a 50 with a setup similar to this?
    4. What fuel were you using on the dyno?

Thanks in advance. :2thumbs:

20. turbostang

I can't remember for sure, but I believe the crossover is 3". No scavenge pump needed. On "race" setups I always use a bigger wastegate or 2- 44MM's. You MUST be able to control boost. I belive it had 112 on the dyno.