1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - New setup 1k+ rwhp on dyno

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by blk93cpe, Jun 9, 2007.

1. court9155

Re: Another beautiful turbo kit by turbostang (Dailup - beware) Project PUMPKIN HEAD

That sucks.

Back to the drawing board for me then......

2. zxtuner98

Re: Another beautiful turbo kit by turbostang (Dailup - beware) Project PUMPKIN

Beautiful work. Looks real nice!

3. wraith

Re: Another beautiful turbo kit by turbostang (Dailup - beware) Project PUMPKIN

Thanks. We're getting the transmission back tomorrow! Time to start it up again!

4. blk93cpe

Re: Another beautiful turbo kit by turbostang (Dailup - beware) Project PUMPKIN HEAD

Hoping to have it to the dyno in a few weeks if I can get sometime to help Clifton button it all up. New pics coming soon.

5. sleepacell

Cant wait... Thanks for giving me a new goal to shoot for... in about 7 or 8 builds from now :welder:.. hahaha

6. FUKAZ28

:2thumbs:
    Man, that setup is simply awesome, very nice work. :bow:

7. Turbohwagon

whos distributor is that?

8. Mesarina

that stang doesn't look badass.. it it badass!!!!! :2thumbs: :bow: :bow: :bow:

9. blk93cpe

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Going to DYNO 5/1/08

Going to Dyno 6pm 5/1/08 - What will it make??? Let me see what you guys think!!!.

10. vossperformance

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Going to DYNO 5/1/08

Really depends on the tune up, and the dyno. I will guess in the 680-720 range. Good luck and make my guess low. :2thumbs:

11. blk93cpe

Car made 713rwhp at 6200 with only 16lbs of boost with only 22 degrees total timing!!!!!!!!!!!!! We ran out of time so will be going back in a week or so for another session. Car will go 850rwhp no problem - but for now we are going to keep it low . - We will be calling kevin at CSU with a few questions but off the trailer the car put down 699rwhp at 15lbs of boost with 20 degreess total timing!! I will scan the dyno pulls and post video later.

Big thanks to Clifton - for getting it all together and keeping it together!! :bow: Turbostang - is the man enough said!!

12. turbostang

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Went to DYNO 5/1/08

Eric and Clifton, it was great to have a part in working on such a nice car - it will be badass once the tuneup is finalized. We are probably sitting on 50-75 HP at that boost setting alone. Once the boost controller is hooked up, and the carb jetted properly - it will make mad power.

13. wraith

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Went to DYNO 5/1/08

We had a good time last night...that's all that matters :2thumbs:

14. Onjacks

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Went to DYNO 5/1/

And it didn't blow up. :D

15. DaOnE51T

:2thumbs: Nice numbers!!! Is that a S475 w/ 1.32 housing? If so when do you see full boost?

16. turbostang

It sees full boost QUICK. I started the pulls at 2500 RPM, I Must say I don't every recall hearing any turbo car making that much noise that quick.. I'd say full boost by ~3500..

17. Onjacks

Re: Beautiful turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - Went to DYNO 5/1/

i wonder if the 4.30 gears had anything to do with it. :eek:

18. turbostang

Considering that you stab the gas and the tires haven't hardly reacted, I'd say no - it doesn't have anything to do with it..... a lot like I said at the dyno when you said the then!

Damn Scott, is your alzheimer's kickin' today or something?

19. Onjacks

Im just in shock from all the money ive spent today. ;)

20. DaOnE51T

Not sure if this was clarified before but is the turbo a 75mm or 80mm? When do you guys plan on taking her to the track? Make sure to post up some videos. One of the nicest builds Ive seen! :2thumbs: