1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - New setup 1k+ rwhp on dyno

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by blk93cpe, Jun 9, 2007.

1. blk93cpe

Re: Another beautiful turbo kit by turbostang (Dailup - beware) Project PUMPKIN

Michael is a badass when it comes to coating!!!

2. Onjacks

Tell Clifton, (wraith) to quit workin so damn much and get that bad mofo runnin.

Im ready to see some slips. :D

3. blk93cpe

Did you get the horse shit off of your feet :D

4. ralphiejantz

Re: Another beautiful turbo kit by turbostang (Dailup - beware) Project PUMPKIN HEAD

super nice setup
    just curious how your going to mount and locate the radiator

5. blk93cpe

Re: Another beautiful turbo kit by turbostang (Dailup - beware) Project PUMPKIN HEAD

I found an import aluminum radiator with 2 inch core that is 18x15.5 that mounts on the driver side. 16 an fitting welded to the top and bottom - filler neck & overflow have been block off. We are using the jegs inline 16 to 16 an filler neck with overflow with a thermocap. This is a track only car and only has a 5 gallon fuel cell - so it is only going to make a pass and then come back. Plus in the pit we will hook it up to the charger and let the fan and water pump run.

Saves weight :D gallon of weights 8.3 pounds :D

The car should run a lot quicker with Clifton in it vs me. I am 6'2 260 (working down to 235) and clifton is 140 tops.

6. 1fast-turbo-coupe

very nice!

7. vinsin87

Yeah,thanks for posting that Dave.

8. Onjacks

That weight should drop quick with all that protein your taking in. Coc*suc*er. :D

And Yes, I got the horse crap off my shoe. ;)

9. onefst86gt

what did you use to clean up that merge pipe on the inside?

10. 302andsome

Nice paint scheme, beautiful car

11. wraith

Sandpaper rolls on a die grinder.

12. Bln92Coupe

that car is awesome. dig the paint.

13. wraith

Okay...update. The transmission has been giving us a lot of crap. We got the car started a while back, but now we cannot get the pump to seal on the transmission. I took it to a different transmission shop yesterday to have them check the case and pump. I think one of them might be cracked. I just hope they fix it this time. I am getting tired of pulling that thing out :bang:

I will post a video this weekend if I get it started..........

14. WIKDLX

that is the most ridiculously smooth engine compartment I have ever seen. I love the way the firewall was smoothed over through the factory seem and cowl area...
    very cool car

15. racesloth

Looks fantastic - I will be happy if mine comes out half as good...

16. jeremy mifflin

car looks nice man

17. mrturbo1300r

is that ford/harley colors? looks killer, thats the nicest engine bay i have ever seen on a fox. nice work

18. Bossted89Notch

Somebody can weld their ass off! :2thumbs:

19. court9155

Awesome build! I love the color combo.

I usually frown upon painting the balck window trim and mouldings but it looks good as hell!!

Also I have (but havent ran) that same pro comp electric water pump. Are you happy with it?

Also, what timing cover did you use with it? Just from mocking it up with my 90 EFI timing cover and the back plate it looks like the water jackets are not aligning very well.

Are you concerned about the discharge for your lower radiator hose also?

Sorry so many questions but these are things I am sure I will run into once my pile or parts starts coming together!

Also clean work under the hood, I bet the body work took hours!!

Dan

20. wraith

That Pro-Comp pump is junk. I have two of them and can not get either one to work. You can call Pro-Comp and get them to send you a backing plate for free. I ordered a Moroso instead. Throw the Pro-Comp in the trash if you can. Just my opinion....from experience.

Thanks for the comments on the engine bay. Pain in the ass to work on the motor though....you have to be careful!