1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - New setup 1k+ rwhp on dyno

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by blk93cpe, Jun 9, 2007.

1. denmah

congrats dude! i always loved this build

2. HAULIN IT

You deserve it for the the fabricating, planning, placement ect. even if it didn't run the number! Lorne

3. wraith

It's all good. Headed to Chicago next week for KOTS!

4. ddv005

Still using a production 351 block?

5. BigTurboNotch

i look forward to seeing your car as well as the banana this upcoming weekend, good luck guys :2thumbs:

6. TwoFastT3s

X2, and if so, who did the machine work?

Nate

7. ddv005

Re: Turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - 09 Season

Come on, What's the new setup, inquiring minds want to know :D

8. vader_turbo

Car was wrecked tonight and Clifton is in he ER.

photo2-1.jpg #ad

9. TwoFastT3s

:'( My prayers go out to him and his family! :'(

Nate

10. vader_turbo

update from his wife:

This is Clifton's wife.....

So far, everything looks ok. We're at the hospital now waiting of xrays and CT scan results, but it appears nothing major is wrong. Thank you ALL for all your well wishes and prayers. They are much appreciated. I'm sure he will post up when he gets home...right now he's busy harassing the nurses and mooning his friends....obviously ok. Pumpkinhead, well...that's a different story.
    LOL

11. vader_turbo

12. vader_turbo

13. furchaser

Ahhh damb...glad he's okay............. but that really sucks.

14. jason07

I just left the hospital. Clifton is ok and is home. It made me sick to see this happen. It all happened in slow motion. It got loose on the big end after running a 5.62 @132, he almost saved it but that last wiggle sent him flipping over the guardrail.

The cage did it's job very very well.

15. TwoFastT3s

Man that sucks, I'm glad everyone is ok. I hate asking this, but any video? What's up with the guard rail? Did it come apart?

Nate

16. Turbo Drag Radial

what a horrible story.

This is why I hate racing at Guard Rail tracks, if it was a cement wall this would have never happened.

17. jason07

There are rumors of a video but I haven't seen it. He totally demolished the guard rail. This track recently (about 2 years ago) did away with the guardrail down the 1/8 mile part of the track and installed concrete guard rails. However, he lost control after the 1/8 mile and that took the concrete wall out of the scenario. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if he hit a concrete guard rail.... would he not have flipped..... would he have stayed on the racing surface.

18. Unatural

Wow, that's horrible. Glad to hear that he's ok though.

Maybe the track will get the hint that they need to extend that concrete wall all the way down now.

19. wraith

20. furchaser

Glad your okay .... :cheers: