1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - New setup 1k+ rwhp on dyno

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by blk93cpe, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Saleen91

Re: Another beautiful turbo kit by turbostang (Dailup - beware) Project PUMPKIN HEAD

Damn Brooks!

Absolutely amazing!

2. DaOnE51T

Re: Another beautiful turbo kit by turbostang (Dailup - beware) Project PUMPKIN HEAD

lookin good

3. tex

I'm not even surprised by Brooks' work anymore, always flawless.

I'm digging the new car, Eric. Looks like a blast.

4. wraith

Updates! Everything has been coated...now time for some installing :2thumbs:

5. blk93cpe

Thanks for posting the pics and thanks for the help today!!!!!

6. turbostang

Good to see some more progress, damn - that coating looks badass!

7. ralphiejantz

very nice job I always love turbostangs work, nice clean and simple setup and doe not take up that much room under the hood,
    I wish I was near turbo stang I would have him finish off my kit that im too lazy to finish up myself

8. Onjacks

Re: Another beautiful turbo kit by turbostang (Dailup - beware) Project PUMPKIN

Looks Slow. :D

:2thumbs:

9. comet5.0

Smoothest firewall/inner fenders I have ever seen! Turbo kit doesn't look too bad either! :2thumbs:

10. bionic_chronik

So that's what a mustang with skinnies is suppose to sit like. My alignment is WAYYY off. Looks killer.

11. timebomb

what coating are you using..?????? :huh:

12. boostordie

Well dizaaammm! Great fab work. Looks awesome...

13. PEARL MUSSIN

VERY NICE!!!!!

14. blk93cpe

Coating is a Tungsten coating that is tuff as nails!!! BoostedGT on here has had it on his car for the past two-three years and the kit still looks like it did when he picked it up.

Thanks for the compliments on the car!! BTW turbostang's kit fits like a glove - one badass fabricator!!

15. vinsin87

TUNGSTEN COATING? How can I look into that? This whole build you have here is Phenomenal...PIMP is what it is... Its all so clean and straight-Hell it looks easy cause its so clean...But I can testify from my personal experience...It aint EASY...Experience is what I see.NICE Excellent work there.

16. turbostang

There is guy in Arlington, Tx that is the one who does all of my coating, or at least most of the people I do work for. His shop is Performance Specialized Coatings, Michael Thomlin. I don't have the number right now - but look him up and give him a call. Tell him Brooks sent you.

17. turbostang

thanks Dave!

18. boner

awesome kit and gorgeous car!!! :2thumbs: :rock2:

19. NCHorseplay

gorgeous work. i can't wait to see this thing running. I really like the paintjob too.

20. blk93cpe

Thanks everyone!!!!

I have taken a new job that has me working 2nd shift(4pm - Midnight) Wed - Sunday nights - lately covering for others :bang: . I am not willing to let the project sit or not be finished so I have taken on a partner and we are teaming up. The car will be running with two weeks!!! One of my best friends Clifton (wraith on here) is going to be wrenching and driving when I am not able to. We are going to use my motor as a learning experience and our backup motor is going to be his motor (carb to pan and water pump to transmission)

New boss block 349
    forged internals, Diamond deep dish pistons
    Cammotion Solid Roller - around .650 lift
    heads flow 330 at .650
    T&D shaft mounts
    Ported Victor jr (ported is an under statement)
    CSU carb
    S400 - 80mm version

Ultimate converter - setup for motor & turbo above
    New - Glide with good case and all the good stuff :D

Again thanks to Turbostang (brooks), Wraith (clifton), Onjacks (scott) for all the help.