1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo Camaro build up. (Race video on pg 12)

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by MEAN_SBC, Jan 1, 2006.

1. MEAN_SBC

The converter on my car is a Neal Chance Pro Mod... My transmission cooler is a run of the mill B&M Super Cooler that was behind the passenger headlight, too close to the turbine housing, lol.. I drove mine on the street some at first, but towards the end it was pretty much race only... Just because it was a little too fast for the street. That is the TRZ rack on my car, but I didn't use the bracket that came with it, I built my own just because I wanted it a little stouter.

2. Mattsv8_03

does this sound right. 5500 converter slipping i went 9.52 at 142 on 9 lbs 88mm turbo and 357" sbc in a long bed s10.?
    i ran 4.56 and went 1.27 60ft and 5.92 1/8th. letting off 100 ft before 1/8th ran out of converter. the 9s was on 3.90 gear
    its got a new tci 8" group 10. 4000=4400 stall will proably go 5500 on boost. taking it to super chevy at norwalk this weekend.
    any ideas to help et. for me.

3. unclebens

Any problems with any piping cracking?

4. MEAN_SBC

Not a single problem.

5. badboyrcg70

Where did you get the V-bands for the headers? I believe they are 3" right?
    The Xover has them as well are they from the same place and they are M/S right?

6. Ken G

Great build man!

That's the car I have always wanted, and with that setup!

7. 71 cam

Hey, I had a question about your heads. I have a 71 camaro with 372" sbc with twin 72's. How do you like the AFR227s' are they real laggy when not in boost? I am rebuilding my engine to a 406" and was looking to get new heads. I talked with AFR and they suggested the 210cc because I drive the car a good bit as well but he said if I did not mind it being a little sluggish out of boost it would run harder with the 227's under full boost. I have run 9.20's with my current setup but looking to get solidly in the 8's . Any input would be great, Thanks, Walt.

8. MEAN_SBC

Mine didn't feel that lazy. There was some lag on the street getting the boost up, but the engine made 558hp and 507tq so it wasn't really a slouch out of boost. That is the beauty of a turbo setup. Out of boost it's just like a street cruiser... Stomp it, and keep the nose straight, and aim away from the ditch. :D

9. huffer

fixed it fer ya :2thumbs: :cheers:

10. botlrokit93

I just had a question about the headers.... If your still running the coated mild steel headers , how are they holding up? thanks!

11. MEAN_SBC

I'm not running them anymore... The coating was still on them when I sold them, but they were no longer shiny.... here's a pic of what they looked like when I sold them..
    [​IMG]#ad

12. Mattsv8_03

brent im running e85 and my a1000 is leaning out bad. what fuel system do you use?

13. MEAN_SBC

Magnafuel EFI 750 pump, but I was running C16....