1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo 351/FItech Bronco Prerunner,

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by powa_ranga, Jul 11, 2018.

1. 91turboterror

Good to hear you found a good engine that you verified runs well. Time for some c clip eliminators if it's salvageable

2. Pro-SC

powa_ranga likes this.
  3. powa_ranga

Honestly I am just gunna throw this thing in and leave it at 7psi with conservative timing and a target AFR of like 11.6 then see what she does...it should run decent so I can focus on wiring the whole truck and doing about 5 million other things.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]#ad

MCA likes this.
  4. 91turboterror

7psi. we will see how long it takes until you turn up the boost lol

Pro-SC and MCA like this.
  5. powa_ranga

Found what bent my rod lol...all I know is that I didn't put these heads on and it looks like somebody put new gaskets in it then left what looks like a OE coil mount screw in this cylinder...I highly doubt that could have made it all the way through the intake and past the valve.[​IMG][​IMG]#ad

6. Briansshop

Dam,how does that happen? Nice to know the cause at least.

7. 91turboterror

Looks like sabotage

8. fastspec2

Also nice to know you got 90% pf another engine if you need parts.

9. powa_ranga

Progress pics[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]#ad

Pro-SC and MCA like this.
  10. 91turboterror

Engine is looking good! What's with the 4 story oil filler lol?

11. powa_ranga

With the engine cage and all the other stuff it makes oil filling a lot easier, especially with the big fenders and 39's, just a simple quick sleeve we did over the original neck to improve ergonomics.

12. 91turboterror

Yes that makes sense. The engine sits low enough to easily mount the turbo over the top of it. That would suck to hang mission impossible style to fill the engine oil lol. Kick ass build by the way

powa_ranga likes this.
  13. flyinhillbilly

This is too cool, and it's in true grenade fashion too. Well done sir.

powa_ranga likes this.
  14. powa_ranga

Back in action baby, almost ready to start it for the first time...again. [​IMG]#ad

MCA likes this.
  15. 91turboterror

Can't wait to see the video

powa_ranga likes this.
  16. powa_ranga

Very close to firing it up, just gunna wire all this stuff while leaving room to tidy it up and route it later (wire routing plan is in my head lol) so I can fire this thing up already.

All thats left for startup:
    *Reinstall starter and wire basic temporary alternator/ign circuit
    *Finish connecting FItech harness (about 10 wires left)
    *Heater bypass hose
    *Wire secondary wideband for extra insurance (1 relay, the rest is plug and play)
    *New Oil filter/Oil
    *Set base fuel pressure

Maybe this weekend, maybe not lol
    [​IMG]#ad

17. powa_ranga

Fired it up last night, wasn't getting spark, after lots of testing and troubleshooting I bypassed my msd box and blaster 2 coil, changed parameters in the FItech and hooked up a factory coil, she started right up immediately. Video is on instagram under @bajakyle

91turboterror and MCA like this.
  18. Pro-SC

Congrats!
    Make sure you find out what's wrong with your msd stuff though. You will want better than stock coil. You will be glad that you have a good quality ignition system when you are running this thing in the desert. People do get by and tighten the gap on plugs but if it was me I would want something that will take a lot of abuse and not let you down.
    You gotta post a vid here when you drive it!

powa_ranga likes this.
  19. powa_ranga

Oh the joys of chasing down exhaust leaks and tightening loose fittings here and there[​IMG]#ad

MCA, CSteffen489 and hoopty5.0 like this.