1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

trans fluid? Lentech recommends Swepco???

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by zelone, Sep 23, 2004.

1. rtz

2. Camwfo

just my 2 cents. I used to run amsoil in my transking C4. That thing would leak like crazy. I had another friend using Type F and had no problems. I have no doubt the Amsoil is good stuff but for some reason It leaked and the Type F doesnt. I still dont know why but that is what I use. And by the way I use a brake and have a temp guage in the pan. the trans fluid never gets over 180 even after a low 10 second pass and using the brake. Of course I bought that big 28,000 GVW cooler from B&M. It works great. Trans King recommends Castrol Type F.

3. stang_gt_1994

Your dead on. Type F was used by Ford when they were using just steels for clutchs. Type F provided less lube properties. Mercon/Dexron III would probably be the choice fo the question asker. BTW Trick Shit, I mean Trick Shift is a mix of type F and dexron III/mercon