1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Time to try another converter...

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Enginerd, Jun 20, 2008.

1. racesloth

My twin walbros? They are 255's

2. Enginerd

Sorry, no link. There's not alot to my combo. Here's basically what it is:

331 dart block
    Old 170cc TW heads with no work except gasket match intake and exhaust ports
    Cartech tunnel ram lower/box upper with 75mm TB
    Small under dash A2W intercooler
    Small Cammotion solid roller
    83lb injectors, Bigstuff3
    TH400 trans, 3.27 gear
    Tubular K member with 70/30's and 130# coil-overs
    Wolf uppers, lowers, and single anti-roll bar, stock springs, strange 10 way adjustable shocks
    Stock gas tank with pickup tube, twin 255 walbros, Boost-a-pump

3. Enginerd

Some info here:
    https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=111559.0

4. Bellman Jeff

I know this sounds strange... But if you were to change to 3.55 gears, it might turn LESS rpms thru the traps..

My buds YSI turns around 7200 rpm at 155 mph with 3.73 gears and 28 inch tall tires.. He moved up from 3.55's and his converter slippage figure went down..

5. Enginerd

That's absolutely correct. A higher gear will put less load on the converter and result in less slip. The radials don't like that 3.55 though on launch, so it's a trade-off. Hopefully the new converter will be looser down low and tighter up top to give the best performance.

6. Will Evers

Talk to Lenny... He is the man.

Oh big piece of advice. If you allergic to cats, at all, dont pet his. I should have ended up in the ER but I chose to drive back to Long Island f'd up on Benadryl and Zyrtec instead.

7. ultimatelenny

Sorry about that Will. Since you were here we sent the furball out for a grooming and a tune up!! He came back with a buzz cut and an attitude. :bah:

8. Will Evers

9. Will Evers

See everyone, Lenny will go as far as to shave his cat for his customers. You cant get that service anywhere else!!!

10. blacksaleen95

hahahah that's funny stuff right there.... Lenny is the man for sure.. I've had always had good luck with his converters and he's always gone above and beyond.