1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Thrasher's 93 turbo fox fr500's diy 331 t70 wolfe roll bar update 3/11

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by clean93fox, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Turbo Matt

Re: my 93 turbo fox fr500's

Ha,ha you forgot On3performance :2thumbs:! Might have missed it but have you had some trouble with cracking headers (maybe you have not got that far on it yet) and what is it made out of (SS or Mild steel)?

2. vader_turbo

Yup you missed it!!!!

3. clean93fox

they are made out of s/s already cracked before i installed it when i was preping the headers so the bolts would fit it craked a primary tube hairline crack but i welded it. i have no doubt the welds on the kit will crack.some people think they are nice welds cuz they look pretty but there isnt very much penitration and im sure they didnt fill with pipes with argon when they were welding them so its a pretty cheap kit. im lookin forward to building my own

4. clean93fox

got a little update installed my autometer wideband last weekend and installed water temp gauge and re did all the radio conections.very impressed with the quality of the gaugeplate i put in i purchased fromhere very nice ill try to get some pics up soon

5. clean93fox

Re: my 93 turbo fox fr500's update 3/23/09

took the rear end out of the car this weekend and brought it over to dmc racing to have the tubes welded and 9" end put on.i started to weld the tourque boxes up in the mean time.i also bought some racing seats and new front tires let me know wat ya think.btw i know the welds arent perfect tok me a while to get use to welding under the car on jack stands. i used a portable miller tig with s/s filler rod
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

i put these control arms in 2 years ago and still look brand new
    [​IMG]#ad

some kdw2's
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

gaugeplates.com very good quality and nice fit def recommend
    [​IMG]#ad

the little tig that could
    [​IMG]#ad

ill get some more pics when i get the rear end back.i gotta put my 3550 and centerforce clutch in two seeing i smoked the clutch i got in it with the t-5. :welder:

6. slowboat

7. clean93fox

got some progress pics of the stang. i haven't posted anything since i got it going. after i got it tuned it put down 420rwho at 4600 and 480ftlbs then the intake gaskets let go. drove it around all summer and brought it up to the track once. it went 12.0@119 with a poped head gasket on drag radials. right now i am in the process of smoothing out the engine bay and hiding the wires and what not. this season it will have a 347 with afr 185 heads and the 62-1 turbo. here are some pics.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

let me know what you guys think. in the next couple weeks im gunna make a chromoly radiator support.

8. pokerface

Re: my 93 turbo fox fr500's check it out

Looking like you have a plan! Im diggin the wheels and your daily driver!

9. Turbo91GT

Sweet build man. FR500's look sick. Quick time bell ftmfw!!!

10. boosted vert

nice setup :2thumbs:

11. De-Marko

+1

12. clean93fox

thanks guys. i peicked up a 347 short block yesterday for 800$ and came with a innovative west balancer and billet steel flywheel..not bad huh? ill try to get some more pic up soon

13. NWJason

absolutely beautiful ride bro! Im am happy for you wish I started my build earlier in life at 27 years old it sux still being a newb lol =)

14. culookn

nice build. i always like to see someone who does all the work themselves. that little miller looks sweet

15. clean93fox

Re: my 93 turbo fox fr500's 347 turbonetics check it out

i had my friend bend me up some chromoly for a radiator support. he also gave me some pieces of 9/16 that are tapped to attach the intercooler brackets. got some pics of some practice welding chromoly to mild. next weekend im gunna cut out the old one and put this one in should of some more pics next weekend. also if any know what kb b-46 means let me know its on the bottom of the piston on the 347 i bought. its suppose to be a ford racing shortblock.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

16. Chris91LX

Nice work so far, look forward to watching your progress. :welder:

17. culookn

nice job on those control arm welds :welder:

18. clean93fox

Re: Thrasher's 93 turbo fox fr500's turbonetics update 2/14/10

i finally got around to installing the chromoly radiator support. originally i was going to tig it but decided it would be easier and less time consuming to mig it. i plated the frame with some 3/16 mild. came out pretty good i thought.i also got some pics of the rear end and coil overs i did last year. im getting rid of the 347 and going to do a junkyard 302 with the 185 heads and the 62-1. i dont have enough cash to get a bigger turbo so it will do for now. here are some pics.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

new engine and turbo set up for this year :stupid:
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

19. boosted vert

Re: Thrasher's 93 turbo fox fr500's turbonetics

lol :bow:

20. clean93fox

Re: Thrasher's 93 turbo fox fr500's t70

got a couple updates. i tried to get a exhaust housing for my turbonetics 62-1 turns out they stopped making them for the p trim. so i bought a master power t70 .68 a/r. i got that friday and started on the hotside friday night.came intot he shop today and finshed up the downs pipe and got almost all of it welded. i used a pair of unknow shorties that came on the motor i got for 200$ i got a stock motor with 85k on it. gunna get the crank polished and throw some crank and rod bearings and some new rings with some gt40's and call it a day. here are some pics of what i did today and last night. took some pics of the wiring harness ran on the inside of the car. used the grommet on the pass side on the inner fender. looks good and should protect the wires.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad