1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

**The BLACK COUPE Build...from "JYD coupe" to "True10.5 Showcar"**

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Sick88lx, Feb 13, 2009.

1. PEARL MUSSIN

Re: **The BLACK COUPE Build...from "JYD coupe" to "True10.5 Showcar"**

Nice pass!! this is the same blue,gear bangin notch from back in the day?

Jeremy

2. Sick88lx

No that is a seperate car, this was the original gear bangin car. Went 9.8 with a stock T-5

3. Kellyo77

Incredible transformation. You guys did a hell of a job!!

BTW, if you ever decide you wanna really haul ass, call us at Speedtech Nitrous. By the time we are done plumbing the manifold and doing what we do, you will throw rocks at the NOS stuff. Always an option! lol

4. PEARL MUSSIN

You have a vidoe of that pass.. I remember seeing an in car one as well. Good stuff!!

Jeremy

5. Sick88lx

It's this video that was on the first page. There's a couple others on the first page as well.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/BPAs-Black-CoupeSTOCK-T5_38639.htm

6. Sick88lx

Is that a guarantee?? We haven't even leaned on it yet either.

7. Kellyo77

Absolutely. We aren't world record holders for no reason. Look up pro mod nitrous class and Speedtech is on almost every car that runs worth a shit. If you need a few pictures I will be more than happy to send you some of a manifold. They look incredible and haul ass. I don't want any mods to think I am selling anything so I won't go on any further. But PM me if you want to see them.

8. Sick88lx

I'm very well aware of yalls product and who has it and what it's capable of in the right hands. I'm sure we'll definatly give it a thought with the next setup. Go ahead and PM me the price of a Single fogger plumbed on a SBF intake and also the price of a plate kit for a 4150 intake.

Thanks
    Rudy

9. chriscrna

:2thumbs: good job guys. You have a sub 5.50 in it with just some tunning on the suspension.

10. eades5.0

Beautiful car!

11. robertslx

nice car

12. Sick88lx

Well it's been about 5-6 months since the last update. In that time Travis made the switch to the glide which turned out to be the answer he was looking for. After finally finding a guy to rebuild the transmission he had the car back and ready. Same tuneup we went 8.72 @ 153 with. Track was crap it was a wednesday night and there was no surface at all. Tried to use the 2 step and smoked the tires.... Next pass took the 2 step out and clicked this off.....

60ft.........1.25
    1/8et.......5.43
    1/8mp......127
    1/4et........8.58
    1/4mph....150

Turns out she was out of gear and Pj lifted early as she was on the rev limiter. Not to bad for a little 302 based nitrous motor with some out of the box heads and a victor jr intake. It was Pj's first 8sec pass and made it look easy.....normally he just does burnouts in the street with no windows or doors LOL. So not bad the switch from the c4 to glide netted about .15 difference in et with everything else the same. Definatly should of been done long ago. PTC did a killer job on the converter and their service has been outstanding.

Dropped the gear and tried to get some more rpm out of it but I think the gear we had was just right. It was bike night and there was hardly any cars out but we got our best 60ft ever as we got the 2step to work for the first time. Remind you this is with no 7531, no progressive and no bars.

60ft.......1.20
    1/8.......5.46
    1/8........125
    1/4.......8.60
    1/4........no mph shown ???

Now it's time for a little change :)The AFR 205s and Victor Jr intake are for sale as well as the Kooks Stainless headers if anyone's interested. Hit me up

Dont have a vid of the 8.58 pass yet....here's the 8.72 one.
    uyT8G62Kigg[/media]]

It's time for Surgery....now the fun begins.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Travis and his dad Bob getting her tore down. Bob may be a killer as a GM during the day at work but he's definatly not scared to get his hands dirty workin on the car. Thanks for everything Bob.
    [​IMG]#ad

Travis got a new tow ring in the meantime.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

13. 93wannabe

we were talking about going to waco this weekend Rudy but I dont think its in the cards for me just yet :doh: yalls ride is looking NICE. keep up the good work!

14. Sick88lx

Oh yeah no shit. To prairie Hill or what?? THink I heard about that track and a friend of ours has been wanting us to go up there but we haven't had a chance to make it up there yet. Good luck Paul that car is going to turn some heads and dropt some panties...

15. 93wannabe

yea, prairie hill....thinking about throwing a 33 spline/spool setup in it..got anything laying around? :D

16. Sick88lx

Yeah I saw your 31 spline setup for sale. I need that pretty bad to at least convert my rear from 4lug just gotta get the funds. Although i've seen a lot of 33 spline stuff when I was looking for 31. Ya know how that goes when your looking for something and cant ever find it, only when you dont need it.

17. livefast1

dude your car has wood. o wait nope thats just me, beautiful setup hope i can have somethin that nice one day :cheers:

18. davidjalb

What more could ask for? Nasty ride, sweet trailer, sweet tow vechile, nice garage. Damn, inspiration man. Nicely done. :cheers:

19. Sick88lx

A big ass Turbo or 2... :2thumbs:

20. PEARL MUSSIN

I was gonna say, let me guess?????/ TURBO!!

Jeremy