1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

**The BLACK COUPE Build...from "JYD coupe" to "True10.5 Showcar"**

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Sick88lx, Feb 13, 2009.

1. FRANCISCO308

Re: **The BLACK COUPE Build...from "JYD coupe" to "True10.5 Showcar"**

:bow:Very nice car/trailer :2thumbs:

Ballin$$

2. Sick88lx

It's just a baby motor....for now that is ;) I was just trying to look for the trailer place on the net where I found it and I cant even find the damn thing now. Good thing I found it when I did. The salesman liked the combo and said he was gonna put it up on the website so I was hoping to see if it was up.

It's dirty in the pics believe me. Need to get all the dust off it and get it all cleaned up and put it out in the sun and get some pics of it. Cant wait to get the transmission back and slap it back in. Not too much longer now.

3. Sick88lx

Yeah the hood just sets it off IMO. It took a month to get and some work to get it on but it's all good now. Hard to tell from the pic but the body lines should look more distinct once it's out in some sun and at a better angle.

I dont know bout Ballin but I think we're doin aight.

4. lethl-lx

What a sweet Build !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

5. R Marshall

Man thats a bad ass car. :cheers:

6. Mike93SVT

car looks great man. i really hope you never run at TAD again. i've seen too many great cars get messed up. especially in the right lane. :2thumbs:

7. Sick88lx

Yeah I hear ya but the track has improved greatly lately. The repaved it and it's starting to come around, when i went to the True 10.5 race about a month ago 3 cars were in the 5.20's and the other 5-6 were running 5.30's-.40's and this was pretty cold as the night went on it got into the low 50's i'd have to assume and the cars were running better as the night went on. You've been there just imagine 1400hp cars carrying the wheels 300ft out with no bars. As a matter of fact they have another race this weekend it's just too bad we wont be able to attend.

8. Sick88lx

Dang didn't even see this post, yeah that's one of the old vids. Who knows it might be back..... :2thumbs:

9. Sick88lx

Here are the Final Pics, there isn't plans to change anything from how it looks right now, but we know how that always goes. Plans are to go out to the track Wednesday and get some shakedown passes if not then Friday for sure. Just pulled it out of the garage for a couple pics and was it nice to finally see it in some sunlight and ready to go. Hope you guys enjoy the pics and I added a vid as well.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10. onlyhalfadozen

nasty,nasty,nasty ;)

11. quick1320

all I can say is bad ass

12. rednotchtub

beautiful notch man um 1 question are you running drop spindals?

13. Sick88lx

Nope no drop spindals on it

14. rednotchtub

ok thanks i asked because i like the stance of yours and im doing a similar build thats why

15. 408-COUPE

its gettin better every time. cant wait to see what it runs. dont get any fluids anywhere in that pretty engine bay alright? car looks AWESOME.

16. BadMoFo

that thing is just sick! I hope my stang grows up to be just like it :2thumbs:

17. FourEyed

Well I just got my motivation back. :chacha: Nice and CLEAN

18. Sick88lx

Whoa what a long night it was last night. But in the end i feel we learned quite a bit and are moving in the right direction. The car ran ok I wasn't expecting it to set the world on fire and after all as good as it sounds it's still just a 302 based motor with some 205's and a victor jr intake. The converter is way off and the car was a total pig off the line with the best 60ft of 1.67. I would say another 1500rpm for the converter and it would be good for the motor, however we dont intend to run it on the motor so much so if we loosen it up 500-700rpm I think it would be good for the spray but again im no expert by any means. The chassis is way loose and the car was literally hopping off the line. Gonna check into the shocks and see what changes can be made. We're still learning with the carb stuff so everyday is a new lesson for us but i think we'll get a handle on it soon enough. I'm certain we had too much octane, fuel psi, and drop a step to a colder plug. As well as change out the power valve as it might be resulting in a slight stumble and bog.

Antone and his son out there helping out.
    [​IMG]#ad

Unloading ole Jyd off the trailer for the first time at the track..

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Before all the homeboys got there...
    [​IMG]#ad

Hope we got enough plugs. Probably need a few more since Pj hooked it up with a full 200lb bottle of nitrous....
    [​IMG]#ad

Pj's badass airbrushed helmet...
    [​IMG]#ad

Pj and his brother Mark wondering when we get to spray this bitch:cool:. Mark has a killer ass black 69 Pro Touring Camaro with a BBC and a STICK of course..
    [​IMG]#ad

Aww hell the southside crew is here ...
    [​IMG]#ad

Making coil-over and shock adjustments.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

End of the night finally made our last pass and best pass.
    [​IMG]#ad

19. rednotchtub

nice dude what did it end up running though?

20. Sick88lx

"DECISIONS DECISIONS"

That would be the story of tonights events. Well we loaded up for the track tonight and see if we could inprove on anything and I think we just found another headache....lol. Car right now just doesn't hit the tires hard enough. IMO it's the converter and it's just too damn tight and it's not flashing the converter high enough on the spray to really hit the tires. It stalls to about 4k on the brake. And as soon it's released it just leaves like it's got 3.08 gear or something HAHA. Only cuts a 1.49 60ft.

Also seem to be having a few problems with the carb still. Motor was originally a street oriented with a 5spd and that's how the carb was built. Now it's got a 29" tire, and a c4 with a 4k stall converter. Thanks to Orange Powerhouse Rudy for helping out with some knowledge tonight. He said the carb might not be getting a good enough signal compared to the original setup it was intended for. So will be calling Prosystems tomorrow and see what he thinks.

Dilemma...
    Last pass the transmission puked the fluid out on the top end so we gotta pull it anyways and get it checked out. See how the converter is as well and im hoping to change it out into a custom one as well. So we spend $$$ on a good converter and put it back in with the c4?? And reading up on the C4's there maintenance is really high and we are not excited AT ALL about having to take this bastard out. So we sure as hell dont want to be taking them out every 30passes for rebuilds, if necessary. Other option is we have a stock case glide with a brake on it ready for a rebuild. Do we spend the money fix the glide and get a badass converter with it?? Drawbacks to the glide is we only have an 8.2 deck nitrous motor right now and is that too much transmission for us now???

Any Ideas???

Here's some of the latest pics guys.

Mark just got the camaro running a day earlier so they thought they would test it out. So he decided to cruise it on out to San Antonio with us. No better way to find out how much of a street car it is than drive it an hour and half from home. It's a 500+ BBC and a Tremec
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad