1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Thanks Induction MotorSports!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by V8TurboGMC, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Brent Davis

That's weird about that little lip on the turbine. My turbo came back without the lip at all, just plain smooth. I dunno.

BTW Kyle, I was just kiddin' you about a kudos. I knew you were satisfied the day you received the carb and for that price too.:cool:

2. V8TurboGMC

Brent ,
    I know I was jusk busting your balls. What flange do you have? I got the billet flared flange. Did you look at all of my pics? Do you understand waht Im sayin?

3. Brent Davis

Yeah I saw all of them and your turbo looks identical to mine except I don't have that lip on mine at all. I did get my flange from Precision as well but it was not like yours. It was a standard v-band flange without the lip to locate the center but what I did was install the turbine housing without the turbo, lined the flange up with the DP and tightened everything down and then put the turbo on. Either way as little as that lip is you won't have a problem with that at all. It'll rock for ya.

4. Fast SN-95

Brent are you running a 3" DP on yours?

I don't think the .140" will make a difference, but I'll ask Jim about it today. The closer you can get the wheel tips to the housing, the more efficient the turbo. That's why you wouldn't want a 3.5" housing around a 2.960" exducer.

I'll let you know what Jim has to say.

Thanks,
    Shane

5. Brent Davis

6. V8TurboGMC

Ok I drew this picture...this is a Side Shot....you can see what Im talkin about

So...It goes from 3.150 to 3.040 , hits a .140 wall, goes to 2.900 then flares to 3.500. Kinda weird to me. Why not from the first measurement where the turbine is (3.150) and flare it to 3.500 and have a 3.5 inch V-band? Make more sense to me....Im sure how it is the turbo will make me shat my pants....but I was just showing ya.

7. Fast SN-95

I talked to Jim about it, and he said they left it thicker there because they didn't want to compromise the strength of the v-band portion of the flange. He thought if they made it much thinner there it might crack. He said they might put a radius or bevel on there in the future, so if you wanted to do that with a file or something, it should be ok.

The casting isn't large enough to go to a 3.5" DP by itself. They use that same housing for many different turbos, they just machine the bore based on the wheels. It wouldn't be cost effective to have a seperate casting exclusively for the GTS wheel.

Later,
    Shane

8. V8TurboGMC

Its all good,
    Thanks for calling them up for me!

bridal-shoal