1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Switching from Procharger D1SC to S480 BW Turbo (original non condensed build thread)

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by blown385, Aug 28, 2008.

1. blown385

Re: Switching from Procharger D1SC to S480 BW Turbo

Thanks

Whats going on with his car ? You guys gonna wait the summer out ? I think the track will suck till after the Street Nats . :doh:

2. Unatural

I'm not sure what's up with it. He's had a lot of stuff going on recently, so he hasn't really done anything with it. He was talking about bringing it over a couple weeks ago on a sat night, but I was working and he didn't want to go over without me to help him out. The weather seems to be getting a little bit better, so we'll see if the track improves at all before the WSN. :stupid:

Not sure if you've heard about this, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!! It will be about as close to my house as OSW is to you. :D

http://www.palmbay-motorsportspark.com/

3. blown385

No I didnt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:chacha:

I might have to take the truck to Pinks All Out .

4. blown385

Is it open ?????????

5. Unatural

Shit, I WISH!!!! Per the site, they're planning on running the first cars down the track in the middle of 2010....the thing I'm worried about is that they also say they haven't even bought the land yet. :doh:

6. blown385

I dont know how I didnt see that . :stupid:

I was looking at this page , and it looked like they had already had a weekly schedule and is looking for track help . http://www.palmbay-motorsportspark.com/dragstrip.htm

But missed the words " proposed " and " concept plans " LOL .

They better get a move on .

$20,000 Southern Footbrake Nationals ..................... :2thumbs: Thats going to be cool .

7. RI85GT

I was asking about the plexi cuz then I could laser cut it for you. Can't cut lexan......

Either way, it will surely come out awesome like everything else you do ;)

8. blown385

Thanks , I appreciate that .

I made a test piece out of some Plexi I had lying around , which I will use as a template when I get ready to cut what ever I use .

It fell off the table when I was painting the back side of it black , to give it the tint look , and broke the lower right corner off . I'll make a better template that fits a little more snug than this one when I'm ready .

I broke the old glass out with a hammer and scraped all the remains out of the edges . The rubber seal is actually in great shape even after 20 years .

easier than I thought !

[​IMG]#ad

9. rdakota340

The bars coming out of the window there goes the sleeper look :chacha:!

10. Unatural

Should be able to have what you need by thurs. I'll let you know when I get them. :2thumbs:

11. blown385

Thanks for the help guys .

rdakota340s bro is buying my front tires , so I have ordered the 28's . They should be here Tues . Randy has even offered to unmount them , and mount and balance the new ones .

Unatural , thanks for helping me out with the Lexan . Thats awesome .

RI85GT , thanks for the offer on the cutting .

TTF to the rescue ! :chacha: :cheers:

Rear wheels should be ready to ship tues or weds . Rear anti-roll bar and the rear bars will go in this week also .

This thing is back on track !!!!!!

12. CW25

Woo hoo.

The plexi glass looks good. :2thumbs:

13. rdakota340

Glad to help out good people I wish I could help alot more people on here if they were closer :cheers:

14. Shagwell

Glad to hear all is well. - I would work with TRZ on the windows, so that they can simply have a hole drilled, instead of a big slot. They can slip the pieces on the pipes during install, or if you have them in place just drill the holes and put them through. - Like I was saying before, make the holes atleast 1/4" bigger then the pipe and seal it up with some neoprene rubber, 1/16 - 1/8 thick.

I'll talk to my buddy and get those pics for you.

15. Shagwell

16. rdakota340

Well I have felled to get Blown385 tires sold I do not know WTH I was thinking about I need to pay more attenion sorry for the mix up :bang: :bang: :bang:

17. blown385

No worries man .

I'll get them sold . :2thumbs:

18. blown385

That looks good ...................... unfortunately its already done and waiting to get picked up . :doh:

19. CW25

Oooo.... Pics needed. :D

20. blown385

Heres what i got so far . And the rest will have to wait , I'm heading to the beach for the weekend . Happy 4th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The anti roll bar makes the truck drive like a dream ! I'm amazed . :eek:

The Lexan is a pain in the ass !!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont like that I had to cut a slit to get it around the bar , but its not that noticeable . I still have to put a grommet around it too , so that will help it look better .

Wayne , thanks ALOT for the Lexan . I really appreciate it . :cheers:

Also .......TRZ did a great job as always .

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad