1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Switching from Procharger D1SC to S480 BW Turbo ( condensed )

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by blown385, Jul 17, 2009.

1. blown385

:raz:

lol .

2. PrecisionTurboMustang

You don't have any 700r4 converters just lying around do Yah?

3. blown385

naw , you lookin for one ?

4. PrecisionTurboMustang

Yah something close to 3000

5. DButler

I know Kenny and the guys at PTC. They are all standup guys so if they say they looked at it I am sure they did. Dave who are you dealing with over there?

6. blown385

I've always talked to Tim .

He actually called today and left me a message . Wanted to know how I was doing . :2thumbs:

I'm leaning towards the pump . I think there is more pressure on the pump with the tighter converter . Everyone tells me thats not the case but I cant think of anything else .

I'm just gonna run it .......... what ever it is , it will show up sooner or later .

I'm taking it out to OSW on monday for a $100 a car rental after the Lucas Oil race this weekend .

I'll try to better that 1.37 sixty foot . Can you imagine this thing in the 1.20s ........lol !!!!

7. rdakota340

Good luck Dave :raz: what you doing the weekend?

8. slowboat

blown385, what do you mean by the snug bolthole in the flexplate ?

9. blown385

Probably getting ready for Mon . :D

The PTC 9.5 uses larger bolts . two slide right in , but the third is snug like the mounting tab on the converter is off by a hair . I dont think its really an issue , but I think I remember the instructions saying to drill the flex plate holes . I never did .

10. slowboat

Could it be buckling the flex plate slightly ? Doubt it is the issue also, but had to ask. Clean the hole up and see what happens ? Will at least eliminate the possibility that's the issue. Hows the pump engagement and how much space between converter and flexplate when converter is bottomed into pump and not bolted to flexplate. I'm assuming this was checked but going to ask anyways as I went through a similar issue, funny little noise and all, we checked things out , all seemed well then I tore the lugs right off the front pump on a highway pull...converter was too far forward on pump lugs.

11. blown385

Everything is good with the pump engagement .

When I take it out again , I will open up the flex plate holes a hair but I'll also just change the pump . Its been on the street now for , I think 3 years now at a constant 225psi .

12. slowboat

Figured you had it covered. Sounds like the pump has been hard at work. Going to throw it a retirement party? :drunk:
    Wishing you good success trimming down the 60'.

13. brianj5600

How did the rental go?

14. wantabe

Not read the whole thread...
    Is it the flex plate getting belt from snug bolt , andit hitting on starter snout ?

15. blown385

what do you mean you didnt read the whole thread . 65 pages too much for ya ? lol

No , I dont think its bending , or hitting the starter .

What ever it is , its a tolerance issue . It only does it after its hot .

16. blown385

sorry guys , read it and forgot to reply . :doh:

The pump is next on the list , just need to find time to do it . Hopefully what ever it is, it wont show itself Mon .

Track rental is mon .

Track should be good right after the Lucas Oil Race thats going on this weekend . High temps on Mon looking like 70º .

17. blown385

And where did I get 65 pages from . lol :stupid:

18. domn8rx

Give it another week :doh:

Can't wait to see some lower times.

john

19. blown385

LOL

Thanks John . :cheers:

20. blown385

Well , it was a beautiful day today . Just couldn't ask for better weather .

Track was pretty good , and I made like 8 passes . 3 of them I forgot to turn the boost controller on . :doh:

3 passes were good and were a hair faster than my best . And it got into the 9.30s on one pass . Other two were 9.41 . MPH was 144 to 146

I tried leaving on more power but the tires shook hard . I added tire pressure and almost got it to go away but the last couple of passes were just not going good . And the last pass went lean . I think it was just low on fuel , but not sure yet .

Got to love that reaction time . LOL