1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Switching from Procharger D1SC to S480 BW Turbo ( condensed )

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by blown385, Jul 17, 2009.

1. craig6.9diesel

New best pass I am guessing......

2. Agent86

Did he tow his boat down the strip??? LOL

3. rdakota340

He will post up and yes new best for sure,I wished he would do that one day tow his boat and drop it by the stageing lanes and go for a run but need to go somewhere that no one knows his truck to well like SGMP LOL!

4. blown385

Yep ! Track was good and the truck was on a rail !

Some how the set-up was spot on right off the trailer . ummmmm well , you know what I mean . Caltracs had 1/2 turn of preload , anti-roll bar was neutral , tire pressure was 16psi on the new Hoosiers . Shocks were just like they were the last time it ran . Best sixty of the day ........... 1.37 ! :chacha:

9.43 @ 144mph well 143.98 ;) 2 tenths better than the last personal best . And almost a 5 sec 1/8 mile time .

I'll have to check the data , but I think it was around 20psi on the boost gauge .

Came very close to hurting the truck bad , but someone was watching over me that day . I had 5 passes and there were 5 gouges taken out of the slick in different places . It was where the tire rolls up on the front side of the tire on the launch . Somehow the metal on the fender well got bent and was hitting the tire . HAD NO CLUE !

Got video this time too .

5. blown385

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

6. furchaser

lol ... getting it done Dave !
    Nice pass .. I see 8.xx's in it's future.

7. blown385

JUST REALIZED WHAT I DID !

I must have bent that piece out on the fender when I was putting the air tank in . Not sure why I did it , but ......... :doh:

8. blown385

Thanks !

Not sure about the 8.xx though , lol ...... It would have to go on a serious diet .

That 83mm billet with racecover is supposed to make 100+ more horses though ....... :hmm:

9. slammed98gmc

You still running the same turbo right now?

10. blown385

Yea ................ new cam though . :D

11. huffer

Change your sig :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers: :bow: :bow:

12. BlownShovel

Change your sig and one tire ;) Congrats.. Energizer bunny :cheers:

13. slammed98gmc

its time for the 83 with the 1.32 hotside. My motor will spool it up so im sure yours will. It took some tuning and some tricks but i have it down with 1 limiter on the footbrake and 1 on the tbrake. can leave at 11-12 psi every time.

14. 10secgoal

Damn Dave that fucker is moving. That IC still doing OK without the H/E ? :D

15. RI85GT

The Slow mo video is amazing. The truck is launching beautify. Not unloading the tires, stable and linear. Awesome!!

Congrats on the new time Dave :2thumbs:

16. blown385

Thanks guys . :cheers:

sig is changed . :D

17. rdakota340

Yep that is a awsome video Dave,So now you've went to the track when is the fishing trip LOL!

18. slammed98gmc

So who gained 50lbs, you or the truck?

19. blown385

:ras:

I think a little of both .

4450 is what we weighed at TRZ the last time on the scales .

20. blown385

Was just thinking of that . A friend sent me a pic of an 8 pounder he caught today .

This is definitely fishin' weather !