1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Switching from Procharger D1SC to S480 BW Turbo ( condensed )

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by blown385, Jul 17, 2009.

1. blown385

Yea I got rid of the spare tire stuff . I used angle aluminum , bar aluminum , threaded rod and hung it from the bed . Its pretty damn sturdy .

On a side note ........... found water in the #7 cylinder . Weird that it leaked into the cylinder and nowhere else . I pulled the head and resealed with Super 300 .

:scratch: :hmm: :jstk:

2. blown385

Bubbles in coolant immediately upon start up . Pulled the plugs and put air on the cylinders . Somethings up with #7 . :bang:

Its either the block or the head ........... I dont think it can be the gasket and the heads were checked already . I'm going to pull the head and have it checked again .

I hope its not the block .

3. PrecisionTurboMustang

Are you running copper gaskets, o-ring in head and block?

4. blown385

Yea , o-rings in block , receiver grove in heads . The thing is ....... there are no leaks anywhere else , just into that cylinder . There is no way water can get by that Super 300 crap . lol

5. BADGMC

Try telling the water that. If your getting bubbles in the radiator and then water into the cylinder its got to be a decent leak. Hope its nothing bad.

6. blown385

Its a good leak for sure .

I put the piston to the top and put air on the cylinder and it leaked . So I can probably rule out the block . I'll have the head checked tomorrow and go from there .

Maybe just having bad luck with sealing the gaskets , but two attempts with two different sealers and the same cylinder seems weird to me .

7. craig6.9diesel

Dude that just sucks!

8. furchaser

Hellooooo money ... :hi:
    Goodbye money..... :swear:

9. blown385

Head checks out good .

The reciever grove is very close to the water port at 1:00 . So close it looks like it does something to the gasket there . Hard to explain .

Anyway , going to weld the water port a little on the head to get the reciever grove further away from the port .

I should have went with my gut and left the reciever groves out of the heads . :bang:

We'll see what happens .

10. PrecisionTurboMustang

Modern mls gaskets man is where its at!

11. slammed98gmc

my cometics have held up to 26 psi on a stock lt1 block and trick flow heads with arp bolts so far with no problems.

12. blown385

I've ran coppers on my truck for over 6 years with no issues .................. until now .

Should have it figured out this week .

13. blown385

Shes back together . :D

It must have been the spot we suspected . Welded the water port on the head and everything seems cool .

Stayed with copper spray ................... I KNEW IT WASNT ME ! LOL !!!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

14. rdakota340

Yea I see what you was saying there Dave,So you got him running today and doing some testing!

15. rdakota340

any updates!! :raz:

16. blown385

Running great !

No signs of leaks anywhere . :chacha:

Should be back at the track Sat. I think I'm going to OSW , but the Yellow Bullet get together at CFTC is sounding kinda fun .

You want to come out ?

17. 07Hemi

Could always go out to OSW friday night and not get a single pass in cause stupid people break :stupid:

18. blown385

I better get a few passes ............... I've got 10gals of C-16 .

I think I'm going to OSW Sat. for some T&T then I'll go out to CFRC for the YB party Sat night . :cheers:

19. rdakota340

Cool if I can get my stuff strighten up in I want to go!

20. rdakota340

Yall are going to like what Blown385 has to post tomorrow :bow: as always!