1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Street / Strip Coupe

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Russell, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Russell

Yesterday, did the final install on the wastegate and teed the reference lines into the existing. Change the oil and trans fluid. Swapped the skinnies and slicks then loaded it up and went to Fayetteville. Off the trailer it ran 1.52, 7.31@ 94.14, [email protected]. New PB! Before I pulled into the burn out box I tried to manually start the data logger. I am mad at my self while welding on the car I had the battery disconnect and I forgot to set the Holley clock. Get back to the pits data log is no where to be found, I thought I had auto logging set up on TPS if the manual start didn't work. It popped twice on that run but felt pretty good so I stayed in it.

For my second run my best guess was it might have hit boost cut so I lowered the target boost by a pound and jacked with the PWM boost control table.

Made a second pass and it went slower I think it was an 11.6@115. It popped two or three times. Reviewing the data logs it had a couple small lean spikes with tiny dips in the RPM I am guessing the pops are misfires filling the exhaust with unburnt E.

Other than the plugs everything is old. I am going check the plugs and change the plug wires hopefully it's an easy fix.

Original goal was to run 10.00 revised goal was to run 11.4s to justify climbing over the bar for the last 10 years. Next on the list is replace the leaking AC compressor and get it all the same color. Getting the N2O Camaro to run 10.9s will come before paint.

2. Russell

Here is a picture of the slip. I am going to try to just enjoy it and tweak on the tune. I need to fix the PWM table it was isolating. I don't remember it being as bad before but it also was running away for lack of gate. PXL_20240218_205739644.MP.jpg #ad

Funny story Car in the left lane is a friend with a Mid 8 second car. I crossed the 660 first! Then watched him drive away lol. I think he spun and was not building boost correctly.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  3. Russell

Small win, I checked all the plugs, one looked like it has oil on it and one was a little darker, maybe that hole is a richer? I had three plugs with only one dyno pull so I put them in them in. A while back I broke one of the plug wires and replaced it with an old Accel wire. I have since learn those wires have a pretty high resistance per foot. I replaced it with an even older ford Motorsports wire. I put some wire covers on a few that were showing some heat damage from the headers. (I do know better to change more than one thing at a time.) My miss seems to be gone. I wonder if it was the wire or the plugs??? Now I want to take it back to the track!

Pro-SC and BBR like this.
  4. Russell

I forgot it's easy to add pictures to this forum unlike some. PXL_20240325_003955136.jpg #ad

IMG_20240324_203740.jpg #ad

nxcoupe likes this.
  5. Russell

I made a video of my latest closed loop boost control that is MAP based uses one output for the four port Mac value and no inputs.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments, just don't ask for your 9 minutes back. :)

asaw1782 and BBR like this.