1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Stock Fox with Turbo - Megasquirt Ignition Table Help

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 5.0thunder, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Disney Lincoln

Exactly. Tune it once, and just increase boost. The tune will know.

2. 5.0thunder

Hmm, I get what you're saying. Develop the tune for max boost then just use all those tables for the other levels.

This means that if I want to increase/decrease the boost setting, I'll still have to go in to the tune and modify the boost control setting to limit me at whatever setting I need. I guess after I develop the 10psi tune, I can save a file out for each boost control setting so that I can just upload a tune in the ECU instead of modifying the control solenoid settings every time I want a change.

Am I thinking about this correctly?

Haven't driven the car around yet. Still have to get it aligned before I can drive around and tune the VE table.

I've been reading some tuning books by Greg Banish and he typically likes to create more resolution down low in the tables to better fine tune low RPM running conditions (idle/cruise) so I may modify my tables a bit. His tables (even for boosted engines) have larger RPM jumps in the higher range and I wanted to get everyones opinion on that. For example, for a 12x12, it could look like [700-900-1100-1400-1800-2300-2800-3400-4000-4800-5600-6400] for the RPM range.

3. 5.0thunder

Side Note: Uploaded the latest firmware yesterday and the car starts instantly and idles smoother. :coolio: [MENTION]ashford[/MENTION] had mentioned that I was using ancient firmware but I didn't know it'd make this much of a difference. Lol

4. msimpson

Hate to bring this back from the dead, but could I use any of this for my setup I'm putting together?

Car is a 95GT with a bone stock 302 (motor came out of my 91 coupe)
    Stock E7's, stock intake, stock cam
    On3 single 70mm kit
    42lb injectors
    DIYAutoTune MS2PNP ECU
    Tremec 3550.

Could I use that tune Ash posted with this setup and be somewhere in the ballpark with it? I just want to make sure I get a good safe timing table. I had a guy send me a tune to look over, was a 331 (most likely aluminum heads) and his timing table was too aggressive for my setup

5. 5.0thunder

This thread is pretty old. Lol I'm much better versed in the MS realm now and have remotely tuned a few of these Megasquirted 5.0 setups as well. Looking back at this thread, it makes me laugh at how little I knew. I guess we have to start somewhere though lol.

I can't open any tunes on my work computer to check any of it but I could give you a good ignition and AFR table to start with if you'd like.

Disney Lincoln likes this.
  6. Shannonmcb

5.0 thunder would you be able to help me out with the afr ve and timing tables? I have a 302 with afr heads 60lb injectors 70mm on3 kit. I have it running now but will only on the na tables no idea what to do for timing or even how to scale the tables. Also I only have access to 91 octane fuel. Thanks

7. 5.0thunder

Replying to your PM

8. Shannonmcb

thanks back at ya

9. MarkFJ40

Don't mind me as I hijack this thread. I just got a microsquirt for my 90 Foxbody. 302, 76mm, 60lbs injectors. I used the VE, ignition and AFR table generator in Tuner studio and got it fired up. It was super rich. I pulled a bunch of fuel out of it and it sort of idles now. Is that normal that it estimates so much extra fuel or am I doing something wrong?

5.0thunder likes this.
  10. 5.0thunder

It depends on whether your other settings and required fuel calculation was done properly. Usually it's not super far off but it's only meant to serve as a starting point.

11. Disney Lincoln

Did you set up the required fuel for your injectors?

12. MarkFJ40

Yes. It's been raining so I havent had time to play with it. I assume the required fuel is the problem. I will turn it down a little and see how it reacts. The numbers I entered for torque and hp were just guessing so I'm sure there is lots of room to move. The other timing tables I have looked at have way more initial timing then what it generated. My cam is a fair size so I'm sure it needs more timing. Supposed to clear up tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it running and get some logs