1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Stock 318 turbo, camshaft advice

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by Robban, May 25, 2010.

1. turbo hemi

thay have the same plug as a normal electronic dizzy :2thumbs:

2. turbostef

Ok, thanks Mate. I was hoping for how to wire this distributor. it's from a 1990 Dodge B350 van with a 360 engine.

[​IMG]#ad

3. CW25

That has a hall effect switch in it. Would be much easier to wire in one with a magnetic pickup. The lean burn and 85-87 trucks had them IIRC.

4. Ugly_On_Purpose

The magnum cam may not be the best choice. The stock specs (5.9 cam) are 250/264, .385/.401, and that lift is with stock 1.6 rockers so it would be even less with your 1.5's. I would think you'd be fine running the stock cam for your goals.

5. straightsixwagon

Fifth aves had them aswell. Im sure the lean burn is why there are so many at the junkyard.

6. 66Cuda

Do you have any head work done? What year heads and intake valves? I am installing a turbo on my 318.....11.48 @ 120....good job!

7. Fury Fan

8. CUUDAK

I have a question!
    Are you guys that are running vacuum advance using a check valve in the vacuum line to the vacuum advance pot?? I know it is supposed to be from manifold vacuum not timed vacuum from the carb...

9. 67satellite

Manifold vacuum to the dist. here. No check valve. I run 10deg. initial +11 deg. mech advance,+15deg. vac. advance which goes away at W.O.T. I would like to have more at cruise but thats all there is in the vac. advance can.

10. CUUDAK

I just set mine at 12* initial. Accel Billetproof dizzy states 18* mechanical, no clue what it is with the vacuum pot since it isn't hooked up yet.
    Did you have to drill a small hole in the vacuum pot to bleed off pressure? I read here on TTF somewhere that you have to drill that hole???