1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Some info on gt45 y2004k china turbo.(new pics)

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by Chacata, Sep 9, 2007.

1. pound4pound

they just look strange lol and i think im going to have to spend more cash to get the down pipes in ......it looks like it needs to be 4 inches out of the turbo then i need it to go down to 3 inch

2. boostcreep81

I got mine thru buyautoparts.com on ebay. I typed in gt45 turbo and theyre the first listing

3. boostcreep81

Mine is 3.5" and welded to the v band perfect. I just need to change a bend on it and itll go right in vs how the hx40 sat, same downpipe

4. PrecisionTurboMustang

If you stick the. Pipe all the way in the flange it is 3.5. If you stick it where it is intended to be welded it is 4. I used 3 and welded a triangle in it to expand it.

5. PrecisionTurboMustang

6. 87notchstroker

type gt45 turbo on flebay I got mine from a place called buyautoparts I got it for 225 shipped I called them direct and talked to them about the price they want 250 online if you buy more than one they are for 200 shipped but just one they did 225 for me,im buying another one for my other car but it will be from vsracing this time

7. FRANKTHETANK

Thanks. I'll look them up.

8. boostcreep81

Damn, I paid 250... why u going thru someone else, any problems with the one from buyautoparts?

9. 87notchstroker

just got it today from buyautoparts,haven't tried it yet so I dont no,i plan on buying some other things from vs so im just going to grab another from him with the other stuff i order,i will say this buyautoparts were great i was on the phone for 20 min bullshi##ng with the guy about cars and what not,he told me they sell 10 of the gt45s a day and have never had any failures,they also warranty them,i here vs is great as well

10. boostcreep81

I took mine apart and it looks good, some casting flash in the bearing housing but nothing to worry about cuz it will stay in place. Other than that, it's a solid unit... and ive had similar experiences with garrett so im not worried. The bearings look nice and the shaft is beefy, and they are definitely balanced with all the grind marks on the turbine wheel. Just wish the standard gt45 came with the 76mm wheel.

11. 87notchstroker

well I just tore mine down after I stuck my finger in the compressor and found metal,there's fine shavings all thru it,dont look like it got into the bearing or the center section at all,I have pics ill post em up its a good bit of shavings,other than that it looks great!!!

12. boostcreep81

I didnt see any shavings but I plan on cleaning it all up anyhow. What does everyone use to clean them? Compressed air and brake cleaner safe?

13. M&M Turbochargers

we usually pull the compressor and the turbine housing and clean/rinse with brake clean,, just for a piece of mind

14. boostcreep81

Thats my plan, spray it down and dry with air... what about tue bearing housing? Safe to spray it out with the brake clean? Im worried about the oil seals. Could just flush it with transmission fluid

15. M&M Turbochargers

i washed our bearing housing out with break clean as well,, then forced oil back into the bearings with a syringe,, after cleaning any cast iron parts they will start to rust fast ,, may be a good time for a little paint

16. pound4pound

hey guys my build is a bust engine is junk i have some stuff up for sale in the classifieds IMG_0200.jpg #ad

IMG_0200.jpg #ad

17. boostcreep81

What happened to the engine? Can you rebuild it?

18. jaywill

NEEDING A GT45......

19. 87notchstroker

if you will get rid of the carb hat let me no im interested

20. pavementpounder

How many do you have miles on that turbo ?