1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Some info on gt45 y2004k china turbo.(new pics)

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by Chacata, Sep 9, 2007.

1. 65ShelbyClone

They don't even list the compressor inducer. Pass.

2. nu2dfw

The turbo still has no play at all.

3. 79malibu

Dude thats awsome! What brand/model carb hat is that?It looks nice and low.

4. nu2dfw

It's the turbonetics,and really sucks until you figure out how to make it work.It took me two years to get it to work.

5. PrecisionTurboMustang

Umm someone cut out a piece of your intercooler piping.. :D

6. nu2dfw

I know :D.That was just before I got it done :2thumbs:

7. nu2dfw

8. Chacata

There!! th leak is in your intake tubing i can see now! :doh:

How's it goin? You still running it without BOV? Post some video for the love of god :chacha:

9. nu2dfw

Going good.Not running a BOV :chacha:.I wish I had some video to post.I don't even have a video camera :bang:.I'm going back to Florida in three weeks,and can get some video,and dyno numbers :2thumbs:

10. SStang

NU2DFW: Does your turbo have two seperate exhaust ports in the turbo?

Thanks.

11. nu2dfw

It is divided.

12. SHONUF816

it's great to see you guys having good luck with the gt45! i bought the masterpower version about 3 years ago now and still have'nt got it on the car yet! (project) i've always liked these turbos and can't wait to feel the rush! there was a guy selling a turbo kit with a gt45 and a while back. he claim to run mid 9's in the 1/4 in a notchback mustang. good luck with yours! get some h.p. numbers up and some 1/4 miles times so we can really have something to look forward too! :2thumbs:

13. nu2dfw

I'll only be able to get 1/8th mile times,but I will get them SOON.I am going back to Florida a week early,so it won't be long now.My only problem is that I don't have a trans-brake.My 60' will suck

14. chevhell

Just wondering if you guys think this thing would make some decent power on a 396 sixty over so it is really a 408" big block. I was looking at the s400 and if I can get a deal on one great but this thing is just out right cheap. I am only in the collecting of parts on my project but this site is just bad ass. I run 12.5 now in a 3850 lb. 68 chevelle SS. I would like to get it turboed so I can put some highway gears back in my car and enjoy it on the road again. 3.90's with a turbo 400 is no fun on the highway. I do not need to break any records. Honestly lookin for a 10 sec streetable combo. I know I will want to go faster sooner or later but for now 10's would blow my mind.
    I put a request in to a guy online to give me proof that the ones he is listing are really 80.8MM but he probably just does not know what he is selling.

Thanks
    Jacy

15. scatesracing

subscribing

16. nu2dfw

I would say you will need two of them.It would be a lot of fun

17. chevhell

I really only want to run one. The s400 is a 75mm and it is said to make quite a bit of power would a 69-70MM be that much weaker?

18. nu2dfw

I think you would over spool it.

19. PrecisionTurboMustang

It has more to do with exhaust housing and exhaust wheel size than it does inducer size.

20. turbogt