1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Some info on gt45 y2004k china turbo.(new pics)

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by Chacata, Sep 9, 2007.

1. mog-10

divided or undivided will they interchange?

2. jaywill

mine is divided

3. mog-10

i was wondering because i have an undivided one laying around but i just got a divided one on ebay for $14

4. jaywill

that will help out on the torque...

5. nos10racer

no way...... post a link

6. mog-10

7. nos10racer

i was going to get a t-6 flange but they want $15 for shipping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll figure something else out

8. Attatoy

try being from canada, cost me 35 for shiping. some one is makin to much money :ahah:

9. mog-10

they are close to me like 45 min drive but it is cheaper to have it shipped it was like 3 bucks

call them and see if they will ship it flat rate i know it will fit an a cheap usps flat rate padded envelope

ha ha i found a t6 that they are selling on ebay and used the zip of 33634 for Tampa Florida the shipping is 5.95 lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T6-M...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item518bc00714

10. mog-10

they sent me 3/8 flange ebay listing was for 1/2in im waiting for them to email me back i called today but i don't think any one will be their tell Monday

on another note my ebay gt45 should be hear Tuesday

11. Fast82z

This thread helped push me over the edge and my twins should arrive in the next couple days!

12. Attatoy

no thanx to the flange......i will just build my own....helll yea got to file em flat after yea weld em anyhow. definatly gonna get one of deez turbos comin though.....so has anyone found a seller selling the vband turbine clamp and turbo together?

13. lsxmalibu

attatoy...if i could understand what your typing then i could probly help you out, lol

14. cat herder

Your profile pic is hotlinked from another site and is blocked to everyone not signed in there, not good internet etiquette. This site will host your profile pic for free, no need to use a third party.

15. Attatoy

oops...i just mean i will build my own flange instead of buyin them, cheaper for me in this case then shipping them... and as far as the vband clamp and flange ....yea need this for the down pipe with this turbo, but they sell it sepratly so i would like to know if any of the egay sellers are selling it together with the turbo, this saves me money in shipping as canada means lots of shipping and taxes! :2thumbs:

16. mog-10

just send them an email and ask them to combine the shipping

17. Slo_240sx

Do what Mog-10 suggested ask to combine shipping. "Speed_daddy" on Ebay sells both the turbo and V-band clamp for very cheap. Heres a link to both:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/700-...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3855wt_939

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEV...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3376wt_939

Does anyone know what size wastegate is optimal for this turbo? I have a Tial 44mm and I'm not sure if it is too small and I should up to a 50mm.

18. cat herder

WG size is based on how much exhaust flow has to be bled off to control the shaft speed, so it depends on the whole combo. Big engine + little turbo = big WG, because a lot of exhaust gas will have to bypass the turbine. A big turbine is less of a restriction and extracts less work from the hot gas, needs less WG bypass... generally. This 'GT45' on a Honda D16 would need much less wastegate than the same turbo on a 383 SBC.

19. Abqrb2000

Is a 460 ford way too much for one of these? Will it just choke or would it spool ok? I'm looking to shift at 5500 rpms....

20. Slo_240sx

Thanks alot! Just the answer I was looking for. I'm going to be running one of these turbos on a stock bottom LS1 w/ ported heads, cam and Weiand intake. I think my 44mm will be just fine.

Abqrb2000, I think you will probably choke the engine with one of these. Look a few pages back, there is a red nova running twins on a big block.