1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Slant6 Dyno 5-13-09 Updated with track times 5/17/09

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by Shaker223, May 13, 2009.

1. topfueldart

Yeah you might want to check into that... my brothers 340 Dart leaves pretty well at 1.69, goes 12.50 @ 84-5 and 104-5 as another source of reference. Mid 90's in the 1/8th is usually good for mid to upper 11's in the 1/4 assuming the car is leaving well... Just giving you some info cuz I feel if the car picked up the other 4 or 5mph it seems to be missing you should be in the 11's, which im sure youd be happy with :)

2. Shaker223

TFD, I did some checking and this track is fast at the 1/8 compared to Milan. 1/4 is the same from friends that have been to both.

3. tilt

I'll testify to that fact.

One other thing.I saw a 70 swinger on 12 mile road west of Groesbeck last week wednesday around noon, very clean car. Were you out and about on the 13 th heading toward I-94??

4. Shaker223

nope, not me.

5. furious70

I forget what cam/head work went into it this time, but personally seeing a /6 fall off on the big end isn't very surprising to me, kind of the nature of the beast, almost like racing a diesel.

6. Shaker223

Nothing, the cam and head are still stock.

7. furious70

then not too surprising at all and not a fair comparison against what the other guys' were saying.

8. topfueldart

Sooo you think when your shoving 22 psi into a slant its gonna hit an RPM wall harder than a 318 on 13 lbs non intercooled, with small valve heads, and entirely stock valvetrain? He freely admitted earlier in the post it had a miss above 4100, I was saying the MPH was low on the big end. Maybe theres some correlation there? or maybe not if the track always registers a few MPH high at half track... The headwind definitely may have been a factor as well..

According to the calculators on Randy's ring and pinion, with a 25 inch tire, 2.94 gears, 110 mph is only 4450 RPM, so it should be right in the peak pulling range from the 95mph (3850 rpm) at half track on up... I think its falling off for a reason other than stock parts, unless it was just a combination of the clocks and the wind, but I guess my V8 knowledge has no bearing on a slant 6 :stupid:

Hell that little slant puts down over 20 RWHP more than my brothers 340 Dart....

Back to me saying CONGRATS....

9. furious70

Boy you take everything personally, don't you?

I would think comparing a stock /6 with a turbo to the diesel drags is more inline than a 340, as I said before. That said, a stronger front half performance isn't surprising to me. I did NOT say there was nothing wrong with the car and he should just quit investigating the tune.
    Take it or leave it Shaker, just another perspective.

10. Shaker223

Easy guys, It's all good, NBD. I accept any and all opinions!

The tire is a 275/75r/14 26.7" in heigh. If I recall correctly, I was coming thru the traps at about 4500rpm

11. Kim

"Leaning Tower of Power" :2thumbs:

12. mpi_duster

Awesome times, but you turbo slant guys need to slow down so some of us with turbo 8's can catch up. :bow: Keep us posted.

Again great times.