1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Single Turbo setup

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by DarkHorse2Turbo, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Sleeper Stang96

I have a mod motor with a t70 running all 3" piping. It gets a little tight in a few areas, but it can be done if you think enough about it before you start to build it

2. DarkHorse2Turbo

Ok I found this T70 on ebay what do you think?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=290035273905&ih=019&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT
    And yea I plan on running 3" everything. Do you think I should run 3.5" for the intake? I know that'll fit because right now I have a crappy JLT 4" intake.

3. jamheg1101

Personally I would not go anywhere near that turbo. The cheapest turbo that has the best chance of holding up in the long run is the master power turbo. Brand new ones can be had for anywhere between 475-600 depending what kind of deals you find. If you aren't in a rush just keep your eyes peeled on here for deals. Yeah i would run either a 3 or 3.5'' intake piping.

4. DarkHorse2Turbo

Were on here can I find some for sale if there are any? And once again, thanks for all the help. i really appreciate it.

5. jamheg1101

6. DarkHorse2Turbo

7. jamheg1101

I would go with the .96 if you were going to try and push upwards of 700. That is about all that turbo will have and will help on the top end.

8. DarkHorse2Turbo

Perfect, thanks.