1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

sharing my fuel map

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by racerron67, Sep 14, 2014.

1. racerron67

yes . so you are saying enlarge the boosted area?

2. bigt_45

No, there is a setting where your VE numbers will get amplified by how much boost you are at. You'll be able to pull those 200+ cell values way down for a better table that isn't maxed out.

3. racerron67

I'm going to have to check that out
    I have a megasquirt 1 box where would I find that to amplify those numbers

4. racerron67

do you run a mega squirt one box in your car

5. bigt_45

I have ms2 extra and it's under More Engine Constants, but not sure about ms1.

6. racerron67

okay I'll take a look at it thanks for all your help.does your MS2 box allow you to run sequential fuel injection

7. racerron67

the ms1 is not capable of multiplying in boost. i'm going to have to try something else.

8. Matt Cramer

Actually, that's what the MS1 does by default; MS2 allows you to turn this off.

9. racerron67

so the MS1 will automatically multiply those cells in boost or is something I have to change to make it do that

10. racerron67

here is another picture of fuel table. ok i know i am definitely running into a fuel delivery problem. here is a map i did just tonight during the tune for you feature. i hit 4200 rpm @ 114 kpa and run out of fuel table numbers (255). what is happening. my combo is 410 windsor 95mm, borgwarner turbo solid roller cam .650 lift 270 duration 114 lsa, magna fuel (2000 hp pump) no 10 feed no 8 return 160lb white top ford injectors e85 fuel. i watched the fuel pressure and it never dropped. matt said the fuel cells on the map will multiply in boost but i don't see how this could happen. my ve map does not look like fuel maps on youtube (like sloppy mechanics) my engine is happy right up until 4000rpm @ 114 kpa.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

11. racerron67

holy schnit look what i found on my required fuel and i thought i had these numbers set right a long time ago.
    [​IMG]#ad
    does anyone know how i can change my numbers to coincide with my new fuel req.

12. racerron67

i changed the required fuel and it was at 5.2 now it jumped to 5.5 hopefully this will help. i put the air fuel ratio at 9.0 under the required fuel calculator. is this right for e85 gas?

13. Turbohwagon

I leave it at 14.7 just like regular pump gas.

14. racerron67

if i do that the required fuel goes down to 3.4. the engine would no have enough fuel.

15. Matt Cramer

MS1 always multiplies the cells in boost when you are running speed density and you cannot turn this off. (Alpha-N based fueling does not do this unless you select hybrid alpha-N mode.)

16. racerron67

yeah I would want to turn it off.so what you're saying is the 255 on the fuel map is actually not 255. it's much higher once you get into boost

17. Matt Cramer

The basic fueling equation in speed density is this:

Pulse width = (MAP/100) * VE% * Required Fuel + injector opening time

So MAP is factored in - the "Is 255 really 255" is kind of tough to answer.

18. Turbohwagon

Have you tried it? My required fuel is down around 2.9 and it gets enough fuel. 363 dart based stroker, 160lb/hr injectors, 2 squirts alternating.

19. racerron67

i am using e85 gas. thats why my required is 5.5. i have't had the car since last week.. i'm waiting for a new distributor. im wondering if there is something else i'm missing. changed the injector from 30 lb to 160lb.

20. racerron67

here is a picture of the engine constants.
    [​IMG]#ad