1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

SALE!! 2V, 3V and 4V Custom Turbo Cams by MMR Stages 1-3 available & R Series

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Mod Mustang Racing, Jul 9, 2007.

1. slow1990gt

Re: New Product Release- 2V, 3V and 4V Custom Turbo Cams by MMR Stages 1-3 available

I'm going to be building another motor and I was wondering do you guys make sheetmetak intakes or does anyone know where I can get a good one.? Car will be a street/strip so im leaning towards the stage 2 but I wanna make around 700-800hp...Motor will be a fully built....I have a set of Stage 2 ported & polished patriot's Would you say give them up and buy a diff set????

2. greco400

Re: New Product Release- 2V, 3V and 4V Custom Turbo Cams by MMR Stages 1-3 available

Would if be ok to run turbo cams for like lets say 2 months till the turbo kit is mounted?

3. SlwSVT

MMR,

I have a set of your custom grinds for my 3 valve setup and let me tell you these things are a monster in the mid range of the power band. Unbelievable torque and HP extremely early. The top end seems to start to level off very fast though. It could be a timing issue though, we are being very consertative right now at 14 degrees timing. Do these cams typically fall off on the top end? BTW, it is a stroker block, ported heads and 15-18#s of boost. Thanks for the tractor pulling mid range!

4. SlwSVT

No cats and a 3" downpipe.

5. SlwSVT

76mm and .81

6. greco400

Thanks MMR, I have a other question would a turbo car still run good with a n/a stage 2 cam ? if it was already installed on a car and then it was turboed

7. SlwSVT

A/F ratio is about 11.5 to 1 and the timing is 18 degrees. We started at 14 degrees and the more timing we gave it, the top end would start to come around and level off. I am not complaining with this cam, as the mid range is a monster and the power under the curve is excellent. I was just thinking with the port jobs on the heads I have, that it actually would peak more about 5700-6300 and I would be able to run it to 7k.

8. lemons

Re: New Product Release- 2V, 3V and 4V Custom Turbo Cams by MMR Stages 1-3 avail

Could you guys PM me cams specs for Stage 1,2,3? If you could that would be swell.

9. SlwSVT

Hey MMR,

Will be getting VCT lockouts put on my 3 valve this weekend. I have your stage II turbo grind cams on my 06. What do you recommend locking them down too? Straight up, retarded or advanced? These are the Livernois lockouts.

Thanks

10. 99TTGT

In the lock out :
    You take them appart and in the senter section ,you either advance it or retartd it locking the sproket in either advance or retard.Then you put the sproket back togheter.
    But you still use the stock markings on the sproket lto line the timming up..