1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

S & W Cage Owners, Quick Question For You!!

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by 92coupe, Dec 1, 2007.

1. jeremy mifflin

Re: S & W Cage Owners, Quick Question For You!!

pics sent.....
    i do a bunch of these..... :2thumbs:

2. nova1

thanks jeremy

3. jeremy mifflin

hope it helped

4. 92coupe

That wolfe kit definitely tucks very nicely, right up to the back glass, but its also a few more pennies. I am going to try and buy two bars and get them bent closer to the window, then use the rest of the S&W kit if I can.

5. 92coupe

OK I am stuck between whether to run the main hoop straight up and down, or slanted backwards as you showed me in one of those pics. By slanting it back it makes a lot of stuff easier, but I am wondering if it will look funny.

Jeremy, on this car here, do you have any other pics of the cage other than the three you sent me?

stl notch 004.jpg #ad

6. 86lxnotch

it wont look funny, alot of guys do it to help with "hiding" the cage as well as giving as much leg room as possible

7. 92coupe

Yah I wanted to do it to try and hide it, where do you mean the leg room will be given? So the seat can be moved back a bit more??

Thanks

8. 86lxnotch

yea i've seen some hackjob installs were someone as tall as me being 6'' would have trouble getting in and out. i should have leaned mine back some more so im not constantly sitting straight up. i like it for at the track but i cant lean the seat back that much to be as comfortable driving as i would like. call it the ganster lean if youd like lol. i just cant stand sitting straight up constantly

9. 92coupe

Yah everyone likes it differently, most people like the gangster lean...For some reason I am 6" tall but I sit real close, I seem to be able to row it better like that.

Thanks for the advice

10. 86lxnotch

no problem man, i like sitting close how my car is for rowing gears at the track but not on the street.