1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Recommend to jig for shock mounts?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by xxblwn408, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Turbo_Baer

when welded in small sections like that with a mig, how can you get enough penetration in there ? his welds look like birdy chit. futhermore by butt welding a tube like that makes me nervous in a rear end, on an ehaust pipe is one thing... shouldnt that housing been sleeved ?

2. 10secgoal

Noooo, just giving an idea of what a jig looks like. Spot welding like that doesn't penetrate. But a good welder, I wouldn't be worried about that tube at all. It's got a good chamfer so it penetrates good.

3. T.J. 87-GT

I am with you here.
    T.J.