1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

rear suspension pics

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by quick79, Sep 18, 2007.

1. quick79

It seems like in the videos I have that it hooks initially and as soon as the front end drops it unloads the tires and starts spinning and then it is over from there. I have had one guy tell me to tighten the front shocks or limit the travel on the front end to allow it to carry the front end instead of falling back down once all of the travel is gone and bouncing like a pogo stick. What do you guys suggest for front springs? The Moroso springs in the front are for 1500 lb front end weight and the car is 1913 lb on the front. Would a set of Moroso springs for a big block 1800 lb front weight be okay? That is the biggest they make. Or maybe someone knows of a Moog # that would work good? Anyone?

The car has had problems ever since I put the antroll bar on to a certain degree. The car was going left when it left and Dusty Bradford was at the track helping me and we just kept putting preload in the car on the passenger side until it went straight. :huh:

2. ShaneH

Well, one thing that happens when you put one of these roll bars on is that you effectively increase the rear spring rate. Think about what that does and how it can affect your app.

3. CutlassRacer

If it hooks initially, then unloads, I agree with tightening up the front shocks.

How many passes are on your rear tires and how long have they been on the car (did they sit for a long time after being used)?

4. onefst86gt

I would try putting a set of 12-130 springs in the back to lower it and get that lower control arm level. Do you have coilovers anywhere on the car to adjust the weight on each wheel?

5. quick79

I had a set of 12" 150 and the car sat down on the tire. I cannot lower the car unless I minitub it and change a few other things. I have a set of stiff sidewall tires now and a 3.73.